Chapter 24

Bright light shined above Wei Jing's head and his eyes became slightly dazzled under the intense light.

Gazing at Xu Jiahui's silly face, he wanted to speak but refrained from doing so on second thought. Finally, he gave in and inquired, "You dad is an artist. Are you going to be an artist in the future too?"

Xu Jiahui wrinkled his nose and waved with particular disfavor. "I don't want to." He humphed a couple of times then continued excitedly, "Look at me, so tall and so strong, I want to be like those policemen who capture all the bad people."

If one did not know about the future, this reply would be merely seen as a child's innocent declaration to others.

Law enforcement was a very grand career. They were always protecting citizens at the frontline, and still confronted the dangers and difficulties that came their way. Of course, it couldn't be denied that some policemen were at the other extreme, bullying citizens and involved in bribery, but they were the minority after all, and it was inevitable to have both good and bad people in every industry and job.

Wei Jing greatly respected policemen from the bottom of his heart.

If it were someone else, such as Ye Xiaopang, who said that he wanted to become a policeman, Wei Jing would encourage him 100%. But, if he knew clearly that his friend was going down a dead-end road...

The child blinked, his beautiful and delicate face revealed some sense of fear and softened his voice, "I heard that the job of a policeman is very toilsome, you can't oversleep, play games, and you don't even have snacks to eat. Not only that, you have to get trained everyday and run, and you don't have breaks in the summer or winter."

To children, this would be seen as a great torture that couldn't be tolerated.

"What? Not even snacks and games." Xu Jiahui was struck dumb and slightly flinched internally.

"En." Wei Jing nodded his head with great force and continued sternly, "None of those." Scared huh! If you're scared then go home obediently and find another job~ Wei Jing laughed secretly to himself.

"Then...I will think about it." Xu Jiahui wore a troubled and bitter face, now he doesn't even have the mood to play around.

The Feitian Amusement Park bustled with people. There were adults with their children, couples who came to date, and companions who came to play... all crowded together.

Meanwhile, Wei Min and his cousin brother Lu Tianyou were waiting in line for the merry-go-round. As there weren't many people waiting in the area, Uncle Li did not follow behind them, instead, he waited for them to the side.

Wei Min's face didn't look too good at the moment, his lips were pressed together and hesitation was written across his eyes and brows. "Do we really...have to do that? Even if Wei Jing stayed all along, I could still make big brother gradually value me more."

Wei Min really did dislike Wei Jing at the beginning.

But now, upon thinking of the child's caring tone outside the exhibition, and those slightly cautioning words, Wei Min... just couldn't hate him, or even... he felt some vague and random sincerity inside of him.

Lu Tianyou chuckled and his mouth twitched, he waved his hands casually and said, "It's too late, our people are already waiting outside the art exhibition. He will be captured once he goes out." The teenager's face was filled with cruelty. "You already completed your part of the plan. Now we only have to hang on to the chauffeur and make him unable to pick up Wei Jing at the exhibition, understand?"

Wei Min opened his mouth, but no words could be spoken.

He was only a six year old child. Although he might play some petty tricks, he was unable to comprehend the thoughts of those adults as well as the consequence of this incident. A young and unsuspicious bait, that was what they wanted. He didn't have to do much, only needed to act like a puppet and follow the instructions in the script accordingly.