Proverbs 15:18

"A hot-tempered man stirs up strife, but he who is slow to anger quiets contention."

"You want to tell me what the heck is going on?" I slammed the door closed as the Emperor sat at his desk.

"I thought you would be happy to be able to see your friends and the Deans."

"They have names. Maxx and Jade." His set jaw and leaned back approach set me off. I gritted my teeth, then quickly released. "I don't feel comfortable with her coming." He leaned forward and rested his elbows on the desk.

"Then, you tell her that." I was taken aback at his remark. He Continued to grumble, "I send you on one diplomatic mission for galactic peace and we come to this."

"You people are harsh."

"We're your people and family."

I crossed my arms and stared at the shelves along the walls. I shook my head. "Why does she have to come?"

"Why else? Does she need a reason? She's curious. She wants to understand you better. She's your mother and she cares."

He took a deep breath and waved me off, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Dismissed."

=

"But, your majesty it is my duty to be there for you." I felt for Helah. She wanted to go with me.

"I'll be fine."

"How will you manage without me?"

"I survived eighteen years with out a hand maid. I think I can manage." I finished folding a shirt and put in my bag. I heard sniffling.

"As you wish, milady." I could hear the catch in her throat.

"Helah, I'm sorry." I turned around, but she had already left.

"Wow, you put Father in a bad mood, then you go and run your hand maiden off. What is with you today?" Raivyn stood in the closet doorway.

"What do you want Raivyn?"

"I'm just wondering what's going on. I hear you and Mother are going back out to space. I can't believe she's going through with it. But, why can't Helah go with you?" I kept packing.

"I just want it to be like it use to. Even for a short time."

"Are you happy here?" I closed the trunk I had packed everything in and went to grab one of my guitars. "Okay."

"Okay, what? I didn't say anything."

"Exactly."

"So what? I miss my old life."

"You have a life here as well."

"Not really. Outside of these castle walls, nobody wants me here. I get beaten in the streets if I don't have an escort, and that's just our cousin. No one will rally to my side when I eventually take the throne. I have nothing and no one."

"You have me. Plus mother and father, and your hand maid before you made her cry." She gave me a hug. "Your not alone, Raibyn. Think about it while your away."

Think about what? She was just as mystifying as our parents and everyone else on this planet. I shoved my fist into my other hand. I wasn't going to let this day ruin my trip; but first I had to go apologies to Helah.