Reunion

"Are you ready Pilot?"

"Aye your majesty." The rumble of take off jerked my whole body as we pulled from the earths gravity. It took several heartbeats to finally see black and stars. I took a deep breath and relaxed once the gravity lost it's grip on me.

I turned around to see Helah buckled up behind the Pilot shaking like a leaf. "You alright?" She shook her head. "You know you can unbuckle and move around now." She shook her head again. I shrugged. "Suit yourself. We've got an hour before we rendezvous with the Burner." I could hear her groan. I reached up and flipped the deep space engines on.

The Queen had taken the comfortable seats in the cabin area of the Shuttle. The only communications that went on during the trip was between the Captain and I, and with the flight crew of the Burner. I wasn't about to start making small talk.

My heart skipped a beat seeing the Burner approach. We eased the shuttle into the docking bay. I never thought I'd enjoy the sound of metal on metal as we landed and the landing struts scrapped the floor of the bay.

I thanked the Pilot for letting me help him fly and jumped out of the shuttle as fast as I could. There was my Mom and Dad standing in the automatic doors waiting for me. I ran over and almost knocked them over trying to give them a hug.

"Sarah, look at you. Your as tall as your Dad." Tears flooded my Mom's eyes. Hearing a throat being cleared behind me.

"Ah. Mom, Dad this is the Queen of Nizon." I let the lump in my throat clear. "and my Mother; and this is Helah, my ha, my friend." Helah made an unsure look towards me and courtesied. I rolled my eyes.

Some servants the Queen demanded we bring along unloaded everything. I asked to have my old quarters back.

"Raibyn, wouldn't it be better to not bother them."

"Please, she is not a bother. She wasn't the whole eighteen years she was with us." My Mom got a side glance from the Queen.

I could see the Queen grab her composure as best she could. She took a deep breath. "Very well then."

"Sarah you will have to tell us everything since we last saw you." My parents were explorers by heart.

"What is there to tell? I went, I saw, and I came back. I'd rather it'd be like old times for my stay, if that's alright?" My Mom nodded like she understood as we had our arms inter locked as we strolled down the corridors.

We came around the corner and into the mess hall. The lights were out and came on as we entered. "Welcome back." A group of officers I knew had jumped out and yelled.

The Queen stepped out of the way. "You enjoy catching up with your friends. We'll talk more tomorrow."

I could see Axton was sitting at the table on the other side of the room by him self. We made eye contact and he raised his glass. I began talking to other crew members that were at this party.

Although I had requested nothing be too extravagant, to my surprise they ended up having a party waiting for me in the mess hall. I gorged myself with meat lovers pizza and pina coladas. I was half out of it when Helah finally joined in the fun.

"Are you drunk?"

I took a deep breath and pointed in her face. "Yes."

"I can smell."

"Come on and try some. Hey Donnie, a couple shots of whiskey for me and my friend." I lifted my shot glass. "To Lasgroth. May it survive without too many flames through my reign." I threw back my glass and let the fiery liquid go down my throat.