Capture

"Rividear, Raibyn is gone."

"Gone? What do you mean gone? Why are you not still on the Burner?" Amethyst called me in the middle of the night from the shuttle they took.

"She's not on the Burner or with me. No one seems to know or care that she is no where to be found."

"Are there any ships missing on the Burner?"

"I don't know."

I took a deep breath. I ordered a deep space scan of our space territory. "Your Majesty, there is a small two person fighter heading to the edge of the territory."

"Amethyst, start heading to these coordinates. I'll pick you up and catch them before they reach the boarder." She nodded.

"Riv, hurry."

The screen went black. "This is probably Raibyn's doing," I thought to myself. I took off in a shuttle to board my flag ship. It was the only one fast enough to get the job done.

=

"Sire, they are sending a distress call back to the Burner."

"Let them. We are too far out of range for them to get here before I'm done with this one." I stood on the Bridge of my flag ship staring at the viewer. "Pull them into the docking bay. I want guards ready to arrest any who come out of the craft."

Amethyst and I rushed down to the landing bay to make sure Raibyn was alright. Entering the bay the pilot was climbing out of the small craft. Right behind him was Raibyn taking off her helmet.

She climbed out and stood awkwardly. "Raibyn. I was so worried." Amethyst rushed to her and threw her arms around her. Something was off, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

Raibyn pulled away. The Queen's eye brows narrowed. She took our daughter's chin gently and examined her face. "Your scar, how?"

Raibyn brushed her face and took another step back. "Synthetic skin." There was no emotion coming from her. Raibyn's icy gray eyes were cold.

A guard took the bunt end of his spear to the pilots head. The human dropped to the floor in chains. "No." Raibyn slid on her knees to the aliens side. She tore off a piece of cloth from her pant leg and put it to the cut on his head, keeping pressure.

"Guard, take the prisoner to his cell." They picked up the alien and hauled him off.

"Don't you get it?" Raibyn yelled through tears, her jaw set. We looked at our young girl. "I asked him to help me." I closed eyes in realization. I feared this is what it would come down to.

"Guard, take my daughter to join the pilot." They grabbed her arms. She jerked away from them and started following the guard that was carrying the pilot.

+

I sat in my new prison cell contemplating a way out. The only real light radiating from the ray shields that were our doors. My thoughts kept drifting to the Captain. The guard landed a heavy blow to his head. "Guard, is the other prisoner alright?" I was the fourth or fifth time I asked with no response. There was nothing I could do, but wait for some kind of sound from the cell next door.

I could start to hear groaning. I got up from my seat and rushed over to ray shield door. "Captain?"

"Kid? What's going on?"

I stood back and yelled. "Welcome, to the glorious prison on the Emperor's flag ship."

"Kid, let's put our heads together and find a way out." he whispered.