Job 33:15

In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falls on people, while they slumber on their beds.

The wires hung from everywhere on the bridge on the Burner. Several comms were on fire. The box sat on a computer panel that wasn't on fire. "What do you want," I pleaded. No one answered. "What do you want from me," I pleaded again. I picked up the Captain's chair and threw it at the box. The box dodged the chair and floated. It began to reverberate. It started to spin, increasing the speed ever few seconds, then began to expand. I grabbed at it, trying to keep it compact in it's box. What ever this thing was it refused to stay contained and glowing brighter. I used all my strength till I had none left. Finally, I let go and a flash of white shot through my vision. I saw the outline shadow of someone. The person looked like they were trying to reach out to me. Then, all went black.

I woke up sweating. I grabbed my journal I kept on the table by my bed and wrote everything down as best as I could remember. Every little detail. A few drops of sweat ran down my nose and onto the paper. I checked the grandfather clock in my room. It read two twenty-six in the morning. I put the journal back where I found it and tried to go back to sleep. I tossed and turned the rest of the night.

Not getting sleep the night before a fight is never ideal. Even though there was snow on the ground and was freezing cold people packed the arena. The cold did help to clear my head a little. I was still groggy when I stepped out into the arena. The crowd roared as I entered and waved at them. Arlen walked in after me. I waited near the middle for him.

"I'm not going to go easy on you Raibyn," he yelled.

"I wouldn't have it any other way," I yelled back.

The announcer yelled, "Fight!" and the match began.

He charged at me and landing three hard blows on my shield. I dug my heals in the snow, shoving him a few feet back. I started with an upper cut and then driving straight into him. He deflected both moves. We went rounds of nearly getting each other good. I ducked under and spun to kick his feet out from under him. He jumped and came down hard after I raised my shield. Using my arms I pushed and lifted myself midair, landing on my feet. I was beginning to get exhausted. I ran towards him. He raised his shield. I went into a side slide and cut at his legs.

"Point Raibyn," the announcer yelled. The crowd cheered.

My breath rang in my helmet. Arlen threw down his shield. He stomped towards me, grabbed my shield and spun it the opposite way my arm was suppose to go.

"Ah," I yelled in agony.

He tapped my chest with the tip of his sword.

"Point Arlen," the announcer yelled. A mix of jeers and cheers rang through the crowd.

Arlen let go of my shield. My shoulder couldn't support it's weight anymore, so I dropped it. Using both hands now on my short sword, which was proving to be shorter than what I needed.

He swung in a big arc and we locked blades. I winced as my shoulder nearly gave out under his weight. With out me knowing, he took his foot and tripped me. I fell face first in the snow. He tapped my back.

"Two points Arlen," the announcer yelled.

"Boo," went half of the crowd.

I picked myself off the sandy snow floor. He was on me faster this time. We locked blades again. My shoulder made a cracking noise and moved on it's own.

"Ah," I let out again in agony.

I felt a tap on my helmet.

"Arlen is the winner," I heard as I walked out.