𝐃𝐈𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐒

WE DON'T APPRECIATE LIFE UNTIL WE'RE A BREATH AWAY FROM ENDING IT

❝ WE DON'T APPRECIATE LIFE UNTIL WE'RE A BREATH AWAY FROM ENDING IT ❞

MYTHS AND LEGENDS ARE NOT ONLY STORIES, THEY'RE LESSONS. Children find them amusing and terrifying at the same time, hiding behind their mother's grasp when they retell the story of some mighty hero from ancient times, but as they grow older they began to realize how that wasn't the point of the telling, but the lesson it includes in the end that you have to decifer as you grow. This was the case for (Y/N) Mahfouz, but not in the way she thought.

A LONG TIME AGO, the Prince of Bekhten asked the Pharaoh for help after his daughter, the Princess Bent-Reshet became strangely ill. The Pharaoh sent a physician but to cure her but the illness was the work of an evil spirit. In search for help, the Pharaoh went to the temple of Khonsu and asked the god to heal her. The god confronted the evil spirit, immediately causing it to leave Bent-Reshet and have the prince shower Khonshu with a new temple. (Y/N) Mahfouz's life wasn't that much different from that ancient myth.

Born with an unknown disease that caused her mother to be overprotective of her, (Y/N) was forced to hide her strong desire for adventure under the pages of the books her father borrowed her from his collegue's library, Abdallah El-Faouly. Until the night that (Y/N) wanted to bury down in her memory arrived, she was forced to take the reigns of her family and create a strong facade despite the unknown bug that was consuming her soul from the inside out.

Instead of recieving an answer, the universe shut down any way for her to learn a way to cure herself, which ended up with her 'unexpectedly' meeting Marc Spector, someone so mysterious yet easy to read at the same time. But when he leaves all of the sudden without a word or warning of any kind, (Y/N) determines in finding him and try to ignore the clock chiming in her ears of her counted time.