⇢ 𝟎𝟗 ˗ˏˋ 𝙳𝚎𝚜𝚎𝚛𝚝 𝙽𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚜 ࿐ྂ

⊱ ────── {⋆❉⋆} ────── ⊰

They were lucky enough to find a car to take them through the streets of Cairo. It was pitch dark outside, but the lights from buildings and lampposts were illuminating enough to drive into the city and into the desert without problem.

"Ay," Marc winced from his spot in the back seat, holding his blue jacket in his hands. "I really liked that jacket." He tossed it behind his shoulder to the trunk of the car. "Oh, well."

Layla was driving in silence while (Y/N) was constantly biting down on her nails in the copilot seat, her mind replaying Harrow's words to her and Marc back at Mogart's. She kept thinking but nothing seemed to click in her head, and she decided to speak her worries.

"What was Harrow talking about back there?" she asked first. (Y/N)'s eyes flickered to the rear view mirror and swallowed down when she saw Marc stripping out of his shirt.

"What do you mean?" Marc played dumb, and he continued to slip his shirt off his head without noticing the effect it had on her.

"That I had the right to know," (Y/N) replied.

Marc reached out into the trunk of the car to grab new and clean clothes from his backpack, while trying to keep up the act of not knowing what she was referring to. "I have no idea."

"I never told anyone why I really moved," Layla spoke up, her eyes on the road but she squinted her eyes from the rear view mirror at Marc, thinking he had something up his sleeve. "I mean, but he knew, he just saw right through me."

"I don't know. He's just trying to mess with you," Marc shrugged it off after grabbing a plain white shirt and began to slip it on. "You know, he's trying to get in your mind. No, don't let him do that. You know, he's got this idea that he can see true nature of people or some baloney like that. If that were true, I don't think he'd have a bunch of homicidal maniacs as his disciples, would he?"

(Y/N) frowned at his defensiveness of the topic. She knew how he could be with this sort of stuff, but the tone of his voice gave up the fact that he was internally panicking.

"So, what he said it's not true? About you — "

"No, of course not," Marc shook his head. "No, he's just trying to divide us. Don't let him get in your head."

Layla slightly removed her eyes from the road and gave (Y/N) a knowing look, to which the latter sighed in a frustrated matter.

"Every time you confess something new about yourself, I thought that there couldn't be anything else you can be hiding," (Y/N) didn't back her gaze down from the rear view mirror to stare down at Marc."And then something else pops up and it's like I've not known you at all."

"Yeah. You haven't," Marc spoke drily. "You don't."

His tone made (Y/N)'s jaw clench in anger and Layla only huffed down a breath through her nose to try and defuse the tense atmosphere as she kept on driving.