⇢ 𝟏𝟐 ˗ˏˋ 𝙽𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙷𝚎𝚔𝚊 𝙿𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜𝚝 ࿐ྂ

trigger warning: mentions of blood and vomit (though not explicit), knifes, and vivid description of organs

⊱ ────── {⋆❉⋆} ────── ⊰

(Y/N)'s feet touched the sand at the bottom of the cave in the matter of seconds, already slipping out of the straps from the gear with Layla's help as she dusted herself off. Layla held her flashlight in one hand, and after making sure (Y/N) was in good condition, they turned their backs on the entrance to take a look.

On the sides of the tunnel were two identical statues carved into stone, the figure of an animal-like creature catching their eye immediately. Layla didn't think twice and knelt down to the paw of the statue and drew her father's and (Y/N)'s initials in Arabic into the sand, a gesture that (Y/N) appreciated.

"So, you kissed him," Layla asked as if it was the most casual thing of all. "Didn't you?"

(Y/N) crossed her arms and balanced her weight on the heel of her foot. "Maybe. . ." she trailed off.

Layla got up from her crouching position and gave her a look. "And you liked it?" Although it came out of her lips as a question, her tone told a different story, like she was completely sure.

"I did," (Y/N) fiddled with her gloved hands out of nervousness, and she couldn't know why. She didn't understand this sudden guilt drown her and it weighted her down. "Is that wrong of me?"

"Why do you ask that?" Layla furrowed her eyebrows at the question. "You like him, don't you?"

"I do," (Y/N) replied and winced. "But I sort of. . .like Marc too. And I — " she groaned and cradled her face in her hands. "God, I feel terrible."

Layla stood right in front of her and grabbed her firmly by the shoulders to grab her attention. "Hey, hey. It's okay. I understand if you like them both."

(Y/N) raised her eyebrows. "Isn't it weird for you? That I like two people at the same time? I feel like I'm toying on them — "

Layla shook her head sympathetically. "Of course not. I get it," she flashed her friend a smile. "It's okay for you to feel this way. You can like them at the same time. No one needs to find that weird."

(Y/N) sighed in relief at hearing Layla's reassurance. She didn't know what to do and hearing those words made her feel a little relaxed, though she was hesitant to believe them at first.

The sudden yelp from behind them alerted them and cut their conversation short, the sound belonging to no other than Steven himself as he landed in the sand on his back with great impact. He tried to stand up as quickly as he hit the ground, and (Y/N) instantly rushed over to try and help him.