⇢ 𝟏𝟒 ˗ˏˋ𝚃𝚘𝚖𝚋 𝙲𝚘𝚗𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜 ࿐ྂ

⊱ ────── {⋆❉⋆} ────── ⊰

(Y/N) allowed her feet to drag her through the passage she had gone through to avoid hearing Harrow's voice even further, but even though she was too far away from him now, she could still hear his words echoing in her ears.

Her feet surprisingly took her to the end of the passage, a glooming light brightening her watery eyes as she took a step into the wide room and discovered that she was finally at the end of the line. Ammit's tomb was placed not that far from where she stood, but she didn't have it in her to celebrate at the moment.

Steven's eyes twinkled when he spotted her and eyed how she slowly made her way to him. He raised the ushabti in the air proudly. "(Y/N), look. We won."

He laughed enthusiastically. "And the ushabti goes to us," Steven saw Layla joining the two through the same passage and it seemed like she was sharing the same interest as him. "Layla, I found it. I had to go digging down old Alexander the Great's gullet, but I found it."

Layla quickly noticed how (Y/N) wasn't smiling brightly with that look in her eyes whenever Steven was near, and took note of the way her posture was slump and she looked more fragile than usual. It was as if something was weighting her down with anger.

"(Y/N), what's wrong?" Layla asked, but she was ignored.

(Y/N) felt a pint of guilt drown her at the way Steven's excitement washed over and his eyebrows knitted in concern. "You're all right, love?"

She shook her head and her eyes were set firmly on him, but he felt like the angry glare wasn't really directed at him. "Can he hear me?"

"Alexander?" Steven raised his eyebrows as he glanced back at the tomb. " I don't think so. God, I hope not."

(Y/N) wanted to think her words through, confront the situation in a nice way, but the anger and betrayal she felt at the moment was too much that it controlled her like a puppet.

"How long?"

She made her way towards him and saw the confusion rise to Steven's face, a frown deepened in his face. "What?"

"Marc, I'm talking to you."

A hint of realization flushed over him and his eyes rolled to the back of his head with a sigh leaving his lips. The transition between Steven and Marc being completely evident to her and Layla, who didn't understand her sudden outburst.

Marc, now in control of the body, looked down at (Y/N)'s form for a millisecond before he tried to reach out for her hand and guide her away. "Come on. Let's go. Let's go."