⇢ 𝟎𝟖 ˗ˏˋ 𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚠 𝙰𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚜 ࿐ྂ

⊱ ────── {⋆❉⋆} ────── ⊰

The last person (Y/N) wanted to see in the moment stepped out of the shadows, using his crocodile headed cane as his support while two of his men were walking alongside him. Marc was forced up to his feet by the men holding him on gunpoint and was able to see what he was dreading.

"Whatever they've told you," Harrow announced, forcing to a stop. "I'm sure I can offer you something much more tangible."

Harrow picked the scarab out of his pocket and held it in his open palm, the artifact opening its wings and hovering in the air, and all Mogart could do was look at it with curiosity.

"Why settle for a clue when you can have the treasure?" Harrow smirked.

Layla began to panic. "Anton. Anton, don't listen to this man. He's trying to stop us from reaching — "

"Please, stop."

"He's gonna kill millions, you have to trust us!" (Y/N) knew her words sounded silly, but they were so close to having an advantage for it to go to waste.

"Are you seriously talking about trust?"

"Please, there's no need to descend into violent accusations," Harrow interfered, slowly walking forward with his cane. "Each one of you had so much more in common than you know."

"Layla, you keep thinking that distance will prevent the wounds from your father's murder from reopening."

The woman in question seemed to gulp down the knot forming in her throat at Harrow's words, avoiding to meet his eyes while finding the sand covered floor interesting.

"(Y/N)," Harrow moved to his next target and she froze when her name fell out of his lips. "You desperately grasp for any sort of clue to stop the illness from consuming your body, but something stands in your way. You've been closer to the answer than you know."

The words caused (Y/N) to stop and think for a moment. The thought of Harrow knowing about her strange condition without having her mention it sent a chill down her spine, and not the good kind.

Harrow had a sort of smirk plastered in his face, as if he found this entertaining. "Your friend doesn't tell you the truth."

(Y/N)'s eyes drifted to Marc beside her, and she noticed right away the way he shook his head while Harrow kept talking. This only made her even more confused than she was before.

"And Marc, you don't tell her because you know that if you do, she'll see you exactly as you see yourself, as unworthy of love."

Marc's glare was fixed on Harrow. "You piece of shit."

"Anton," Harrow whispered and he turned his head to look at the man. He raised his cane that had begun to glow in a purple light. "The more surrounding these relics, I offer proof that it's real. This sarcophagus doesn't belong to anyone."