⇢ 𝟏𝟕 ˗ˏˋ 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚄𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚕𝚍 ࿐ྂ

⊱ ────── {⋆❉⋆} ────── ⊰

"AAAAGH!"

Marc and Steven unconsciously pushed (Y/N) behind them as the three yelled out of horror, holding their hands in front as a way to show defense. The hippo standing a few feet away was also startled by the sudden yells but didn't think too much of it and walked forward with a smile.

Marc backed a few steps back and placed his hands on his knees to catch his breath. "Oh, man! Wow, these meds are really amazing."

The hippo looked at Steven and (Y/N), a hint of confusion rising in its features. "Is he always so intense?"

"Who, him?" Steven asked "Yeah, pretty much."

"You have absolutely no idea," (Y/N) cleared her throat from all the yelling and crossed her arms.

The hippo glanced between Steven and Marc, pretty evident that it was confused by them having the same face but different attitudes and accents.

"So, are you two, like, twins?" the hippo asked.

Marc removed his hands from his face. "No."

"Well, yes, sort of," Steven answered at the same time, his nose scrunching up over the nerves. His words made Marc look back at him with an angry look before catching his breath again.

"Okay, great," the hippo gave a toothy smile. "That's really cleared that whole situation for me," then its eyes fell on (Y/N)'s form in between the two boys and it raised its paw in the air again. "And you're a fine young lady."

(Y/N) couldn't help but feel flustered by the comment but she shook her head after that. "I still don't get it. Because I thought I'd been shot to death just a few minutes ago."

"Which was very stupid of you, by the way," Marc interrupted like there wasn't a hippopotamus standing right next to him. "I could've handled it. I would've been alone in this situation."

He wouldn't say it out loud in front of her, and he thought he never had to, but seeing (Y/N) getting shot directly in front of him was a memory that made Marc's blood boil whenever he thought about it. He didn't find it fair for her, nor for him.

(Y/N) scoffed at his words. "Well, I'm sorry for thinking your life was much more worth saving than mine."

"Oh, gosh! This will really bake your noodle, but I think you were just taking a little time-out," the hippo said enthusiastically. "I'm afraid you're actually quite dead."