⇢ 𝟐𝟑 ˗ˏˋ 𝙵𝚛𝚘𝚣𝚎𝚗 ࿐ྂ

⊱ ────── {⋆❉⋆} ────── ⊰

"Taweret, what's happening?" Steven questioned once the trio reached the outside of the boat again.

Taweret towered in front of them, her back against the three as she held one hand above the row that shifted the boat. An enormous, stone carved door was standing amongst the sea of sand and the sight of it was nearly breathtaking.

"I've never seen the gates to the world above so close," she revealed.

"How do we open them?" Marc asked.

"I'm so sorry. Your Scales never balanced," Taweret confessed solemnly, and (Y/N) felt her stomach drop. "Our journey's come to an end. I cannot stop the inevitable. I was really rooting for you guys, but the unbalanced souls of the Duat now must claim yours."

The boat kept going further through the sand and  a loud growling sound made its way to (Y/N)'s ears, that she was able to turn her back and see how one of the unbalanced souls crawled its way up the boat with sand pouring through the sides of their clothes and walked sideways like they weren't fully conscious.

More growling noises alerted her and the boys and saw how two more souls jumped up into the boat with knives in their hands.

"Guys, they don't look very friendly," Steven told the two.

"Hide. Hide," Marc ordered to him and (Y/N), since the last time she'd put herself before him, it had gotten her killed.

Steven seemed hesitant but backed away behind the Scales and had to pull (Y/N) to follow after him, seeing how Marc walked towards the three souls that were eyeing him like a predator watching its prey.

"Gabon. New York, Dubai," Marc mumbled but the first soul swung at him with a bat in her hand, which he barely had time to dodge.

Marc punched the approaching soul in the face and (Y/N) saw how the punch barely got through him and only spitted out sand in response. Marc had turned his back to the one he had just punched and he didn't react in time when a rope was suddenly wrapping around his neck.

"Watch out," Steven cried out. "Watch out."

"Oh, no!"

(Y/N) watched how the souls overpowered Marc as he so desperately tried to free himself by punching the man repeatedly in the arm but no injury seemed to come out from it. The two souls were dragging Marc over the edge and prepared to throw him off the boat while Marc screamed his lungs out and (Y/N) eyed the row in the center of the boat and an idea clicked in her head.