ⅠⅠⅠ

I jolted awake, as the bright light seeped through my eyelids that awakened me from my slumber. Looking around, confused as to where I am, squinting slightly to readjust my eyesight. I heard a faint beeping noise beside me, the beeping increasingly getting louder.

    "Well you seem like you recovered well little birdie," A memorable voice spoke next to me, causing me to lose focus in the beeping noise and to Peter. As I was about to speak, he immediately put his index finger to my lips, then looked down at my throat.

    "You might wanna rest your voice for a little while," Peter stated, gently lowering his finger, grabbing my hand to continue wrapping my knuckles in gauze. I watched him closely as we sat in silence, so many unanswered questions hanging in the air. Not soon later he finished wrapping my hand, stealing another glance at my throat.

    "What did you mean, before the lesson... you said you don't trust anyone here?" I rasped out, my voice dropping a few octaves in case anyone is listening to us. I watched as he got up and walked to the other side of me, wrapping my other hand, shaking his head slightly.

    "You never listen do you...Well, these people aren't...helping you, if you haven't already known...but...you seem different," Peter said, lowering his voice glancing at me every so often. I furrowed my eyebrows, confused. But I grasped onto what he was saying. I slowly nodded. What if this is a setup? I thought, staring off to the side. But I decided to push the inner thought off to the side, going with my gut.

    "Why, why are you trying to help me," I said, hoping my inner thoughts won't become a reality. Before any other words were spoken, Dr. Brenner walked in, a sardonic look on his face as he walked over to my hospital bed.

    "How are you doing my sweet daughter?" He asked, brushing a loose strand of hair behind my ear. My body tensed up as I felt his hand make contact with my skin.

    "How am I doing? Are you serious," I said, striking a glare up at him, bunching up my hands into fists, causing fresh blood to seep through the bandages. I felt a gentle touch to my hand, causing another familiar rush of ecstasy to wash over my body.

    "I'm just making sure you're doing alright dear," 'Papa' said, pulling his hand away from my face, making a discontent noise before leaving the room. I lift my hand to where he touched me, grimacing in the process.

    "I know you want to get out little birdie, but it seems that you're caged," Peter said in a hushed voice, getting up before leaning over me to check on my neck. He carefully unravels the gauze, and runs his fingers over the wound causing me to flinch a little.

    "But, I'm willing to be the one to set you free," He said, leaning in closer to my face whilst rewrapping my neck with fresh gauze. We stared at each other for a few more seconds before he got up. I sat there in my thoughts, not noticing Peter leaving the room. I was soon peeled away from my thoughts as El rushed into my room before stopping beside me.

    "Four!" She said, her eyes brimming with tears. I gently cupped her face, running my finger over her tear stained cheek, unaware of the shadow watching us from the door frame.

    "You're okay," I said, relieved that she wasn't tortured like how I was. I pulled her into a hug, my face burrowed in the crook of her neck. I felt her tiny arms wrap around my neck, careful not to hurt me. She pulled away from the hug, looking off at the door with a frown.

    "It's time Eleven," Peter said, pointing down to his wrist at a non-existent watch. El turned to face me, fresh tears streaming down her face.

    "I'll be okay, I promise," I said, giving her a tight lipped smile. El's facial expression soon morphs to a more contorted look.

    "Friends don't lie?" She said, grabbing my hand. I watched as Peter sneaked up on the oblivious girl. He grabs the girl, swiftly leaving the room. Elevens cries and screams echoing down the hall, slowly growing faint as she strays farther and farther away. I frowned as I looked down at my hands that laid folded in my lap, soon drifting off to a deep slumber.

3rd POV

    As 004 slept her worries away, the tall blonde slipped back into the medical room to check back up on the girl. As Peter walked over to 004, realization kicked in, finally realizing that she was sound asleep. A translucent smile appeared on the man's face. Peter's hand slowly made its way to the 004's head, running his veiny hand through her hair.

    "You'll be set free from this hell soon little birdie," Peter said, the words falling deaf to the sleeping 004 that laid before Peter.

                  »»————- ♡ ————-««

yet another chapter posted! i'll most likely post two more tomorrow since i'm having a difficult time trying to figure out the next chapter! so my apologies, have a wonderful day/night!

ps - i'll be starting back up volleyball + basketball practice, so the updates will be less frequent/ i wont be posting two chapters a day sort of thing, so again i apologize :')