I watched as 002 passed flawlessly for the lesson, a smug smirk on his face as he took off the EEG cap, shoving it into Peter's hand. I stifled a laugh noticing the glare and scowl that adored Peters face as 002 took his place back into line.

    "004 , you're up next...don't be a disappointment this time," 'Papa' seethed, as I stepped out of line. I walked towards the chair, Peter tailing me. I took my place in the chair, Peter putting the EEG gear on top of my head, leaning slightly forward.

    "Good luck little birdie," He said, as he stepped back and tucked himself away in the corner of the room, his vibrant blue eyes never leaving me. I lowered my head, focusing all of my energy to my deepest and most depressing thoughts. I heard the buzz of the light bulbs come to life, the sound increasing in noise. I heard a rhythmic noise as I was able to have the lights flash around in a circle, the speed increasing immensely. As I allowed my emotions to overflow, I stopped as I heard a loud 'POP!', making my head snap up to see a blown out light bulb. I flinched, remembering back to my dream. Snapping out of it, I looked at 002 and gave him his signature smug smirk, earning a scowl from him.

    "My, my 004, I am quite proud of you," 'Papa' said, his arms folded in front of him as he looked at me. I looked back at 'Papa', frowned, but a familiar feeling of calmness washes over me as Peter takes the EEG set off of me. I smiled up at him, which took Peter out with surprise as he knitted his brows together. I stepped back into line, whilst passing El, giving her an encouraging smile.

                  ⋘══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════⋙

    I walked into the rainbow room, hand in hand with Eleven as we were able to enjoy free time together. I politely wave towards Peter, who simply nods with a small smile on his face. Taking one last glance from Peter, El grabbed my arm, dragging me towards the art station that was in the corner.

    "You're still hurt, 'Papa'? No lie," Eleven said, her eyes glued to the piece of paper, the paintbrush gripped into her hands. I sigh, finally coming to the conclusion I can't lie to her anymore without her throwing a fit. I place the pencil down, looking over at the girl.

    "Yes, 'Papa' hurt me," I said, looping my finger around the gauze before pulling it down. Eleven stopped, confused as to why I went silent. Her brown eyes flew to my neck, a small gasp escaping passed her lips. A red ring wrapped around my neck as if it were a scarf, my veins slightly pulsing.

    "Now we're going to have to re-wrap that," Peter said, peering down at us with a disappointed expression. His voice startled both me and El, jumping ever so slightly. A blissful airy laugh coming from the tall man.

    "I apologize, I didn't mean to scare the two of you," He said, his hands resting on the backs of our chairs. A light pink dusting my cheek, causing me to refocus my gaze back onto my drawing. I felt fingers brush back my hair, causing me to whip my head around to the source.

    "What are you doing?" I asked, staring into the electric blue eyes that captivate me, caging me in. His eyes trail down to my neck and back up to my (E/C). He took a step back and held up my gauze, realization smacking me right in the face.

    "We have to rewrap your neck...now don't worry, you have plenty of free time left to come back to spend with El," He said, his gaze now on Eleven who had a worried face, that soon softened into a relaxed expression. El hesitantly nodded, continuing on her painting. I felt my chair move, Peter's hand gently brushing my back as he proceeded to push my chair out. I get up, flashing him a small smile, walking towards the door. As we walked down the halls in a comfortable silence, soon coming to a halt as running could be heard behind us. I looked up at Peter confused, making brief eye contact as we both turned our heads to see the commotion.

    "El?" I questioned as she stopped in front of us, paper gripped tightly underneath her frail hands. The girl unfolds the paper, bringing it up to her face so we can view the art piece. My eyes widen, a smile lighting up my face.

    "That's you, me, and Peter," She said, pointing to each figure on the paper, while pointing back to me and Peter.

"El, I love it!" I said, grabbing the piece of paper to examine it more. I hand it over to Peter, pulling the girl into a hug, tears threatening to spill from my eyes. She can't see me like this...I thought, closing my eyes shut, wishing the tears away. I feel her pull back as a guard starts to shout the young girl's name.

"Eleven! Report back to the rainbow room or there will be consequences," The guard shouted down the hall. She shyly nodded, walking towards the guard. El looks back, smiling brightly at me as she turns the corner.

"Now let's get you cleaned up little birdie," Peter said, grabbing my hand, leading me

towards the medical room. Flicking on the light switch, light engulfed the room. Peter walked open to one of the cabinets, flinging it open, his hands running through each shelf. I hopped up on a counter, observing him from afar.

    "Staring is quite rude, you know little birdie," He said, not sparing a glance towards me as he continued his search for gauze, a smirk tugging on his lips. My eyes widen, averting my gaze to the shiny floor, my pink face looking back at me through the tile. In a flash, his index finger lifted my chin up to look at him.

    "Now be a good girl and look up," He said, unraveling the pristine white ribbon. I complied, lifting my head up. I felt his soft hands make contact with my skin as he wrapped the gauze around my neck, sending an earthquake of goosebumps to flare onto my skin. He gently grabs my chin, forcing me to look at him.

    "Thank you," I said, looking at his eyes, his face unreadable. Utter silence was set ablaze to the room as we sat there looking at each other. The peaceful atmosphere soon souring as the loud blaring noise of the siren kills the silence.

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺⌝❜❛⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

over a thousand words! hope you enjoyed the sweet interaction, and highkey heart racing moments with peter. more scenes like that will be in the future ;') i promise! dont forget to comment and vote! love you all <3