SEASON 2 CHAPTER 2

Your pov

You had woken up late the next morning, that was kind of normal though. Ever since last year sleeping wasn't easy for you. Every time you'd close your eyes that thing would be hovering over you, ready to literally eat your face. You stumbled down the hall way to find Dustin leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. "You're up late, and jeez you look like shit." you sighed running a hand down your face, "I know dusty, I'm sorry, I just- haven't been sleeping well recently. Why didn't you wake me up?" he looked at you, "I tried, like four times." you ruffled his hair. "Hey, cut me some slack alright, being the best, most awesome big sister takes a lot of energy ok?" he nodded and rolled his eyes "Mhm" but as you tried to go back to your room, he grabbed your arm, "Y/n, you look like shit, and you cant lie to me, stay home ok?"

So you did. You caught up on some much needed sleep, but even then you still felt, sick? Anxious? Yeah that's probably a better word for it. Something just felt...off? You looked at the clock, and realized it was almost time to pick up Dustin. You got up and threw on some clothes, when the phone started ringing. You walked over and picked it up, "Hello?" there was a moment of silence, your stomach felt like it was doing flips. "Hey, is anyone there?" your neck felt hot, and your jaw tightened until finally. "Hey Y/n!" it was Dustin. "Jesus fucking Christ Dust, you scared the shit out of me, why didn't you just radio me, I have my own for a reason!" he laughed and you heard Lucas laugh too. "Sorry about that, I'm at the arcade with the party, we think we found out who Mad Max really is!" you chuckled and shook your head, "So you idiots are going to stalk them, right? Because that's not creepy at all." Dustin and Lucas stuttered, trying to explain the situation. "You don't get it Y/n, she's awesome! And she skates! Like on a skateboard! Like you used to!" she huh? "Awe does my baby brother have a wittle crush?" you teased him using the most annoying baby voice you could. "Ugh shut uppppp! NO! Its not like that!" you laughed at your brother and sighed. "Do you need a ride or not dork?" he mumbled an no and hung up on you.

Time skip {bc I don't know what to put here}

You ended up going back to sleep, you didn't have much else to do anyways. you had woken earlier than you need to the next morning with a massive headache, like, bad enough to make you dizzy and light headed headache. You walked down the hall hearing your mother laughing. You stepped into the living room to see Dustin in his Ghostbusters costume, purring as your mom took picture after picture of him. "Show me those pearls!" You laughed and she turned around, "Oh- Y/n honey, get over there with your brother! I want a picture!" You shook your head "Please not right now mom, I'm literally in my PJs, I'll dress up later and take pictures." She looked at you and then Dustin, who was now fake pouting. "Ugh- fine brat, you get one picture, got it?"

It was in fact, not one picture. More like 30 and you were definitely going to be late to school. You weren't feeling great, so you checked your temperature. No fever. You decided to just take some meds and wait for them to kick in, and then you'd go to school. you were going to be late anyways, so why not. Dustin said he was going on his bike today so you didn't have to worry about taking him.

After about an hour you'd finally made it to school, headache subsided and you were doing pretty okay. You somehow managed to get there just in time for the third passing period of the day. "Y/n!" someone had called your name, you turned to see Jonathan and Nancy. "Oh hey guys! You don't happen to have the work for calculus from yesterday do you?" Nancy smiled and handed her notebook to you. "Thank you so much!" she nodded and smiled "Speaking of yesterday, where were you? And you were late today, that's not like you." Jonathan spoke up, he looked worried.

Nancy put her hand on your shoulder, "Is it still bothering you? The nightmares, I mean." you hadn't told your brother or the boys about it. You definitely couldn't tell your mom, and Joyce had been through way too much shit, so that was a no. Nancy and Jonathan were the only ones you could openly talk to about this. The dreams were only getting worse, and definitely more vivid. But you weren't going to worry them more than they already were. So you just nodded sheepishly. "Yeah, its the same dream over and over though, Dustin's starting to catch on I think. He asked me to stay home yesterday because I looked like shit, he was worried so I did, I really don't want him to worry about all this anymore, he's only 12 for fuck sakes." you started tearing up and they pulled you into a hug. "I know, it seems like everyone's forgetting about Barb too, and her parents are still looking for her, and we cant even say anything." Nancy whispered. you held her tighter and Jonathan just wrapped his arms around the two of you. "Will keeps having episodes, the psychiatrist says that we have to ignore them and they'll eventually stop, its bullshit." you looked up at him and leaned your head on his shoulder.

Eventually, your little trauma huddle broke up and Nancy handed you an orange piece of paper. A party invite? "I want you to be there, let loose for a little while okay? Plus I think its the only way Jonathan is going to show up." she laughed nudging his arm. you scoffed "Jonathan Byers? Party? Yeah right, he's just going to be sitting at home and watching whatever is on tv." you laughed ruffling his hair. "Please Y/n, I want you to be there." Nancy pleaded. "I don't know Nance, the boys might want me to go with them, and I cant say no to them." She pouted, similar to the way Dustin had pouted this morning and you sighed "We'll see okay? I'm not sure yet, it's not a no, but I make no promises." She smiled and nodded

This was going to be interesting.