S2 CHAPTER 11

The lights in the shed began to blink rapidly. You looked to Hopper, 'Morse code?' you mouthed to him behind your hand so Will couldn't see. That wasn't Will anymore, his body was only being used as a host. He nodded looking to Joyce who was watching the lights. This is how he communicated with her from the upside down last year. With that you ran back into the house.

Slamming the back door open, you saw the lights flickering inside too. The kids were in the living room with Steve, a few of them jumped when you slammed the door. "What happened?" Dustin asked rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. "We think he's talking but without words." you said rummaging around the book shelf looking for something to write on. Hopper came through the back door after using the sedative on Will again. He put the syringe on the table wiping it off. "What's that?" Steve asked, leaning over your shoulder watching as you stared at one of the lamps. Jonathan had carried Will back to the house, but they immediately tied him back to the chair. "H-E-R-E... you mumbled quietly as the group gathered around the table. "Here. Wills still in there, he's talking to us." Jonathan brought out his radio, playing Wills favorite song.

"Do you remember the first time I played you this? Mom and Dad were both arguing in the next room. So I played you the mix tape I made you. And it was the first time you got into music. Real music." Jonathan said to him. You could see Will's eyes moving behind his eyelids. "Dash, dot, dash, dot."

"Yeah, got it." you said writing it down

C.

"And then the party escaped into the sewers, and there were those big insect things, and you guys were still on level one." Jonathan mumbled.

L.

O.

"Then you cast Fog Cloud and you saved us. You saved the whole party." Mike said, hoping he'd remember.

S.

"You saw that little girl and she was in the sandbox and she was crying." Joyce started

E.

"You gave her your Tonka Truck and I told you we couldn't afford to buy another one."

G.

"You said she should have it because she's sad."

"She's sad, Mommy."

A.

"I love you so much." Tears began to run down her face.

T.

"So, so much."

E.

You practically threw the pen down once you were done. The lights stopped flickering and everyone scooted closer to you so they could read the translation.

"Close gate." everyone said in unison.

Everyone practically jumped out of their skin when the phone began to ring loudly. "Shit! Shit!" you mumbled as everyone stumbled over eachother trying to get to the phone, which was still ringing very loud. Jonathan was the first to reach it, slamming his body into the wall as he ripped the phone out of the wall. "Do you think he heard that?" Max asked quietly. "It's just a phone. It could be anywhere. Right?" Lucas asked. You shook your head, "It knows, it knows where we are." you mumbled, trying your best not to panic. "Oh, shit." Joyce said running her hand down her face. A loud screeching noise was heard from outside, causing everyone to look to the front door. "That's not good." Hopper grumbled. Jonathan slowly walked to the window, peeking outside. "They're coming!" he called out. "What?" Steve asked. "Come on. We gotta go." Hopper said, coaxing everyone together in a small huddle.

"Hey. Hey, get away from the windows!" he yelled. He looked to Jonathan, "Do you know how to use this?" he was holding out a gun. "What?" the teen asked. "Can you use this?" Nancy stepped in front of him. "I can." she said taking it carefully. "Where are they?" Max asked looking around. Suddenly a loud growl was heard, along with a thudding sound. "What are they doing?" Mike asked. You held the metal pipe that you found at the junkyard, pulling him behind you. Out of nowhere a demo-dog crashed through the window, thudding into the floor. " Holy shit! Is it dead?" Dustin asked, looking around you. You didn't have time to answer when the door began to creak open, a figure in dark clothes stood alone.

"Eleven."

"Mike."

"I never gave up on you, I called you every night for-"

"353 days, I heard."

"Why didn't you tell me you were there? That you were okay?"

"Because I wouldn't let her." Hopper sighed

Everyone looked at him shocked. "The hell is this? Where you been?" he asked her as she came closer to him. "Where have you been?" she said wrapping him in a tight hug. "You've been hiding her." you said, as they held eachother. Mike looked pissed. "You've been hiding her this whole time!" he yelled. "Hey! Let's talk. Alone." Hopper said pulling him into the kitchen.

The kids ran over to El one by one, "We missed you!" Dustin said hugging her. "I missed you, too." Lucas told her pulling her into a hug after Dustin. "We talked about you pretty much every day!" El stuck her finger in your brothers mouth, "Teeth." she said confused. "What?" he asked tilting his head as she pulled her hand away. "You have teeth." she stated. Your brother gave her a goofy grin, "Oh. You like these pearls?" he purred making her flinch. You couldn't help but laugh at that, but she heard you. She looked around to find where your voice had come from, she hadn't seen you in the room at all. You were leaned against a wall, where the phone used to be. When she made eye contact with you she smiled. "Y/n" she rushed over to you and you instantly wrapped your arms around her, tearing up. When you pulled away she had tears running down her face. You held her face in your hands and wiped her tears, "I had a dream-about the upside down, was that really you?" you asked and she nodded tearing up again. As you finally pulled away, Max approached her. "Eleven? Hey. Um, I'm Max. I've heard a lot about you." she held out her hand but El looked to Joyce and walked away. "Don't worry about it kiddo, she has to warm up to new people." you told her, placing your hand on her shoulder. You watched as she hugged Joyce. "Hey. Hey, sweetheart." she nuzzled into her arm. "Hey." she sniffled. "Can I see him?"

"He's not doing well." Joyce mumbled as El studied Wills unconscious form. "I know, I saw." you walked over to them, "What else did you see?" you asked. She looked to you, your arms were crossed and your bandage was exposed. Her eyes widened slightly and she reached for your arm. But you pulled back out of reflex, "I'm okay, he's not." you said pointing to Will. "Promise?" she asked looking unsure. "I promise." you reassured her. "You opened this gate before, right?" Joyce asked her. "Yes." she said quietly. "Do you think if we got you back there, that you could close it?" She asked hopefully.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I feel like this chapter is a little all over the place, so sorry about that. And I know there wasn't a lot of Steve action, but I wanted the El reunion to be the main focus? I hope you enjoyed anyways! I'm not really sure how to write scenes with a lot of back and forth dialogue, hence the reason the Morse code part is written like it is. If you have any suggestions please let me know! Your feedback is appreciated!