S2 CHAPTER 10

You all layed there for a while, just enjoying each others company. Steve walked in, stopping in his tracks. He looked at you, then the kids, "What's going on here?" he asked crossing his arms leaning on the doorway. "What's wrong Harrington? Feeling left out?" you laughed. "No mother duck, I'm coming to tell you that they're ready for you, Wheeler, and your possessed ugly duckling." you scoffed at him playfully. "I don't know what your talking about, because none of my little duckies are ugly." You offered him a sarcastic smile, which he returned. "Okay guys, I have to take Will to the shed. Mike you're coming with me." They all shifted and groaned, moving out of your way as you stood up. Mike stood next to you as you tried to pick up the unconscious boy. He wasn't heavy, but maneuvering him around your bandaged arm was difficult. Steve watched you struggle for a moment before he walked over to you. Tapping your arm he looked down at you, "Need some help?" you nodded slightly, still tired.

Once you made it to the shed, he handed Will to Hopper. He stood there awkwardly, looking at you who watched as they tied up the young boy. You hated it. You hated seeing him like this. Steve wrapped an arm around your shoulder making you look away. "Are you sure you can do this? He isn't even awake yet." he mumbled. On the verge of tears you nodded. "I need to be here when he wakes up, for him and Mike, a-and Jonathan." he looked to you unsure. "You don't have to stay though, I know that it's kind of weird for you." you assured him. There was a long, very awkward silence between the two of you. You just kind of stared at each other, waiting on the other to speak. But no one said a word.

Finally after what feels like forever he spoke up, "I should probably go check on the other shit heads." he said looking to the door and unwrapping his arm from your shoulder. You pulled away slightly, already missing his warmth. You chuckled lightly, "Okay, keep an eye out for me, will you?" you asked him, he nodded and turned to the door and leaving.

"All right, you ready?" Hopper asked looking to everyone else. "Yeah." Joyce replied shakily. "If he finds out where we are...will he send those dogs after us?" Jonathan asked quietly. "He won't find out." Hopper assured him. "Yeah, but, if he does..." you trailed off, "Judgment day." Mike finished. Hopper held a small rag drenched in ammonia under Wills nose, waking him up with a jolt.

"What? What? What is this?" he instantly panicked. "Why am I tied up?" he cried out. "Will, we just wanna talk to you." his brother said slowly, trying to calm the boy. "We're not gonna hurt you." Hopper continued. "Where am I?" he asked calming slightly. "You recognize this? Do you recognize this?" Jonathan asked holding up a drawing. "Hey. We wanna help you. But to do that, we have to understand how to kill it." Joyce said running her hand through his hair. "Why am I tied up? Why am I tied up? Why am I tied up? Why am I tied up?" he began to thrash around in the chair. "Hey." Hopper tried to get his attention, but to no avail. "Let me go! Let me go! Let me go!" he began to scream and thrash even more.

"Do you know what March 22nd is?" he just looked to his mom confused. "It's your birthday. Your birthday. When you turned eight, I gave you that huge box of crayons. Do you remember that? It was 120 colors. And all your friends, they got you Star Wars toys, but all you wanted to do was draw with all your new colors. And you drew this big spaceship, but it wasnt from a movie. It was your spaceship. A rainbow ship is what you called it. And you must have used every color in the box. I took that with me to Melvald's and I put it up and I told everyone who came in,"My son drew this."And you were so embarrassed." she chuckled. "But I was so proud. I was so, so proud." she looked at him desperately, but still nothing. Hopper pulled her out of the way as you and Jonathan took her place.

"Do you remember the day Dad left? We stayed up all night building Castle Byers... all three of us, just the way you drew it. And it took so long because you were so bad at hammering." you both laughed. "You'd miss the nail every time. And then it started raining, but we stayed out there anyway. We were both sick for like a week after that. But we just had to finish it, didn't we? We just had to." his eyes looked wider, more full of life. "Do you remember the first day that we met? It was... It was the first day of kindergarten. I knew nobody. I had no friends and...I just felt so alone and so scared, but...I saw you on the swings and you were alone, too. You were just swinging by yourself. And I just walked up to you and...I asked, I asked if you wanted to be my friend. And you said yes. You said yes. It was the best thing I've ever done." Mike spoke sniffling. You rubbed his back trying to soothe him. "Last year, after you were found, and admitted to the hospital, I got you the big marker set and the sketch book? You didn't want to talk all the time so we just sat in silence drawing and coloring together. And when you got to go home, the party was at your house waiting for you. We listened to music and started a new DND campaign. You dorks played for hours." he had begun to cry, sniffling and looking back and forth between everyone.

"Will, baby...if you're in there, just please...please talk to us. Please, honey, please, can you do that for me? Please. I love you so much." she pleaded hopefully.

"Let me go."