SEASON 3 CHAPTER 1

After the absolute chaos of the last two years, things began to calm down. You finished out your senior year pretty smoothly, you were always a smart kid. Steve however, needed some help. It's not that he's dumb, he just has focus issues and needs to have things explained a little slower. Sometimes he'd put himself down, saying he was stupid, or dumb. You knew it was what he was used to hearing at home from his father.

The two of you studied at his house many times, until you heard his dad speak to him for the first time. You promptly packed up your books, grabbed Steve by the arm, and drug him to your bike.

"What the hell are you doing? If it's about him, he isn't going to bother you." He said grabbing your hand that was holding the handle bars.

"Please don't leave, I seriously need help with this test. I cant do this without you." His eyes held yours, it didn't feel like he was talking about studying anymore.

"Steve, calm down." You intertwined both of your hands with his. "I drug you out here with me for a reason dork. Come on." You let go of his hands and you both got on the bike. You went to your house to study that night. From there on out you studied at your place.

The two of you were glued together for the rest of the year, your brother and the rest of the party would often tease you. He started going with you whenever you would watch them. The arcade, biking, he even sat in on a few D&D campaigns. It was safe to say the two of you had gotten pretty close. So it really sucked once you remembered that you were a councilor at Dustin's summer camp. You had been working there for the past few years, and this year was no different.

"Wait-so you're gonna be gone? All summer?" He asked you, disappointed.

"No, not the whole summer. It's a month and a half, and I have access to a phone once a week. I promise I'll call, I know you get bored without me." you laughed, trying to cheer him up. It seemed to work a little bit, but he still looked upset. "Hey, don't give me that look. I'll be back soon okay?" you wrapped your arms around his neck, pulling him closer. His arms found their way around your waist holding you against him. "I'm gonna miss you, Henderson." you squeezed him a bit tighter. "I'm not running away forever, it'll only be four weeks." he pulled away smiling. "Four weeks of no kids and peace and quiet? Hm, sounds nice actually." The two of you laughed and you playfully punched his chest.

"Steve?" you asked locking eyes with him.

"Yeah?" He asked, confused.

Without saying aother word you pulled his neck down till his lips met yours. It was soft, and you were afraid when he didn't kiss back. But as you nervously went to pull away, his hand cupped your cheek, pulling you closer to him. Eventually you pulled away, locking eyes with him again nervously.

"I have to go now, I'll see you in four weeks Harrington." you smiled at his awestruck face and walked into your house. Where Dustin had been watching. "What the hell was that?!" he yelled. You pushed his face away from you and went to your room. The kiss playing on repeat in your mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You thought about that exact moment everyday for, FOUR. FUCKING. WEEKS.

Every time you were able to use the phone you called your mom first, then Steve. He was always at work though. His dad made him get a job, as consequence of not making it into Purdue. It was fucked up, but there wasn't anything you could do about it. Sometimes when he'd get on the phone you'd also get to talk to Robin. You never met her, but she'd always bother Steve while you were both talking. She had also answered the phone the first time you called him. She was pretty cool. It was even funnier to hear Steve groan and complain about you being his best friend and not hers, so she needed to give him the phone.

He'd ask about Dustin, camp, and how you were doing. But he never brought up the kiss. Which sucked because you wanted to talk to someone about it but, he was all you had. I mean other than Dustin, but it was hard enough getting him to shut up about the kiss.

Today was the day the two of you came home. Your mom was picking Dustin up while you had driven your bike to camp. You loaded all of your belongings into your mom's car and headed for home.

A few hours later once you had gotten home, you were surprised nobody was there. At least that's what you thought, until you heard a few hushed whispers and a lock of bright red hair from behind the couch. The party was crouched down behind it whispering amongst themselves. They weren't paying attention so you quietly crouched down behind them,
"Why are we whispering?" You asked directly in Lucas's ear. He screamed and fell over.

"Oh my God! That was wonderful!" You laughed. "Y/n!" The group yelled crowding you. "But seriously why are we whispering?" you giggled. "We were gonna scare you guys, but I guess not." Max smiled sheepishly. "Well, Dustin isn't home yet they were about 15 minuets behind me and I just pulled up. You should still be able to scare him." You gave them a wink, standing up.

"I'm-" you were cut off.

"Gonna go see Steve?" Lucas asked giving you a cheeky smile. Max rested her chin on his shoulder, smiling up at you.

They're adorable

You shook your head, "No, I'm gonna go take a nap. I've been driving for hours, plus I'm going to see him tomorrow, and Dustin's going with me." you told them. "Y/n! When are you gonna tell him how you feel?" Max asked. "Ew, Steve? Really Y/n?" Mike mumbled, looking at you disappointed. El looked at you with a small smile, which you returned. "I think it's cute." Will spoke up, you walked over and ruffled his hair. "I think you little goblins, need to mind your damn business." you laughed. "Oh, so you don't want us to talk about how in love with Steve you are?" Max teased. "Oh look at that, I think Dustin's here." you mumbled quickly, making your way to your room and shutting the door.

You dug through your dresser, looking for something to sleep in. You came across on of Steve's shirts, the one you stole from him the last time he stayed at your house. It was an army green color, and it reached mid-thigh on you. You grabbed some shorts, changed clothes, and snuggled into bed falling asleep.