S2 CHAPTER 6

You were currently walking down the train tracks with Steve's bat in your hands. He didn't need it right now anyways, he was preoccupied with a bucket of raw meat. Every few feet he'd drop a piece, grimacing at the feeling beneath the obnoxious yellow cleaning gloves that he was wearing. Every time he'd make a face, you would giggle to yourself and nudge Dustin, pointing to the uncomfortable boy.

Dustin's radio erupted in static before a familiar voice came through. "Dustin!" Your brother rolled his eyes and scoffed. "Well, well, well, look who it is!" yeah he definitely got the attitude from you. "Sorry man, my stupid sister turned it off." Lucas also sounded frustrated with something. "Well, while you were having sister problems, Dart grew again, he escaped, and I'm pretty sure he's a baby Demogorgon." he sped through the sentence. You had always noticed him doing that when he's pissed off or panicked. "Wait, what?" Lucas asked confused.

Oh that's right the rest of the party think Dart is still missing.

"I'll explain later. Just meet me, Y/n, and Steve at the old junkyard." you could hear Lucas stutter. "Steve?" your brother snapped his fingers in remembrance, "Bring your binoculars and your wrist rocket." he told him ignoring the question. "Steve Harrington?" with the mention of his name, Steve turned to face you, quirking a brow and tilting his head. "Alright, lets go." you said grabbing Dustin's arm and pulling him in front of you towards Steve. "Just be there, stat. Over and out."

At some point you had pulled out your Walkman and headphones from your backpack and started listening to a mixtape that you and Jonathan had made together last year. Will had actually helped you guys, it was before all this shit started. You were also walking a good, ten or so feet behind the boys? You still had Steve's bat, which was currently slung over your shoulder. As you hummed along with the music, you kicked the rocks that rested between the tracks.

(I'm sorry I really like this scene and I wanted to change it up a lil bit, but it only made sense if I changed pov's )

Dustin's POV

"So let me get this straight, You kept something you knew was probably dangerous, in order to impress a girl who...who you just met?" I shook my head at him, "All right, that's grossly oversimplifying things." He threw another piece of meat on the ground. "I mean, why would a girl like some nasty slug anyway?" He asked me. I scoffed. "An interdimensional slug? Because it's awesome. Plus Y/n thought it was cool and she's a girl?" I shrugged. "Yeah? Well Y/n also hangs out with a bunch of 13 year old's regularly. Plus she's your sister, you have the same blood and weirdness flowing through your veins." I rolled my eyes at him. "Watch it dude, that's my sister your talking about." he put his hands up in a defensive motion. "Anyways, even if she thought it was cool, which she didn't, I... I just...I don't know. I just feel like you're trying too hard." He told me. Steve winced "Ow! What the hell?" I turned and saw Y/n covering her mouth, she looked like she was trying not to laugh.

Your POV

You weren't paying attention to how close to the boys you were getting. You were too busy looking at your feet, which were still kicking rocks down the tracks. You came across a really big rock and kicked it as hard as you could, But when you looked up to see how far it went, you saw Steve holding the back of his calf, as Dustin stared at you with wide eyes. You pulled your headphones off and rested them around your neck. Your hands covered your mouth and you stifled a laugh. "I- I am so sorry Steve!" you broke into a fit of giggles. "I swear it was an accident, I wasn't paying attention and I definitely wasn't aiming for you!" He turned and looked at you as Dustin began to laugh. "Just, get up here Henderson." he sighed, rubbing his leg where the rock had hit him. "Sir, Yes sir!" you mocked a fake solute as he rolled his eyes.

"Sooooo What were you guys talking about?" you were now walking on the other side of Dustin. "Yeah, like I said, I think you're trying too hard." the taller boy looked down at your brother. "Well, not everyone can have your perfect hair, all right?" he shot back at him. You then caught on to what they were talking about. "It's not about the hair, man. The key with girls is just...just acting like you don't care." He told him. You looked at him bewildered. Was this really what this numbskull thought girls were attracted to? "Even if you do?" he asked curiously. "Yeah, exactly. It drives them nuts." You couldn't stop yourself from laughing this time. "Oh yeah? What's so funny Henderson?" you laughed just a little bit harder at his total lack of feminine social skills.

"Well, Harrington, I wanna know how that's actually working out for you. Dustin, take this advice from not only your sister, but an actual girl, when I say if you do that, no girl will ever want to associate herself with you. If you act like you don't care, they will genuinely believe that you don't care." he looked between you and Steve. Considering you had never actually been in a relationship, he chose Steve's advice. "Then what?" he asked. You just wait until, uh... until you feel it?" Okay now you were confused. "Feel what?" you asked him, wondering where this conversation was going. "It's like before it's gonna storm, you know? You can't see it, but you can feel it, like this, uh...electricity, you know?" he replied. He sounded unsure of himself at this point. "Oh, like in the electromagnetic field when the clouds in the atmosphere-" he was cut off "No, no, no, no, no. Like a...Like a sexual electricity." you quirked a brow at him. "Oh." he nodded understanding "You feel that and then you make your move."

You just listened and observed the way they interacted with each other. It was strange, seeing them interact. Their relationship wasn't like yours and Dustin's, it was the way you'd imagine two brothers would talk to each other. It was nice, you could tell Dustin looked up to him. "So that's when you kiss her?" Steve laughed and shook his head. "No, whoa, whoa. Slow down, Romeo. Sure, okay, some girls, yeah, they want you to be aggressive. You know, strong, hot and heavy, like a...I don't know, like a lion." the younger boy hummed. "But others, you gotta be slow, you gotta be stealthy, like a...like a ninja." he nodded, and you rolled your eyes. "What type is Nancy?" you looked down at your brother, no longer wanting to be apart of this conversation. You had listened to Nance talk about nothing but Steve when they were together, and you definitely didn't want to hear the other side of the story. "Nancy's different. She's different than the other girls." Dustin crossed his arms, "Oh yeah? Well since you seem to have a pretty good sense of judgement, what type is Y/n?" your eyes widened and your face flushed. Did he really just ask that? You didn't want to know what some- idiot boy, who was one of your close friends ex's- thought of you. This was getting awkward quickly.

"Well, she's- um... She seems like the kind of person you could lean on, She's pretty straight forward with how she feels, And she acts like the kind of person you need to go slow with I guess." Your face was getting hotter, and hotter. You weren't used to being complimented like this. "You have to get to know her so you can see past all of the Weird" he laughed. Aaaannndd there it was. "How am I weird?" "Henderson, you hang out with a bunch of 13 year old's, like, all the time." you laughed "Well at least I wasn't friends with a bunch of douche bags." you playfully stuck your tongue out at him. "Hey! In my defense-I-...Touché." he mumbled.

They continued talking about relation ship stuff until Steve changed the subject. "Fabergé." he mumbled. "What?" Dustin asked. "It's Fabergé Organics. Use the shampoo and conditioner,and when your hair's damp...It's not wet, okay? When it's damp-" Dustin nodded, "Damp." Steve continued "You do four puffs of the Farrah Fawcett spray." You stifled a laugh. "Farrah Fawcett spray?" you giggled. "Yeah, Farrah Fawcett. You tell anyone I just told you that and your ass is grass. You're dead, Henderson. Both of you, Do you understand?" you both laughed, "Yup." the two of you said simultaneously. He sighed. "Farrah Fawcett? Really?" Dustin asked. "I mean she's hot." he shrugged. "Oh my god-" you began to laugh again.