SEASON 3 CHAPTER 7

The next morning you woke up earlier than usual. You showered and actually styled your hair. You put on some light makeup, and dug through your wardrobe trying to find something decent to wear. You weren't doing anything fancy, but you wanted to look nice. You found your favorite jeans, you had painted a little teddy bear poking out of the back pocket a few months ago because you were bored. And once more you found Steve's clothes in the back of your closet. It was a light brown sweater with cuffed sleeves.

Perfect!

Just as you were tying your shoes, Dustin burst into your room. "Steve's here!" You looked up from your shoes and stood up. He looked you up and down for a moment. "Oh, so you're dressing up for him now?" he teased as you rolled your eyes. "It's not like that-" you stopped yourself. "Well kind of- he asked me on a date after his shift." You smiled, feeling your face heat up. "That son of a bitch! He finally did it!" He yelled laughing. You chuckled with him as the two of you left your room. "Isn't that his shirt?" He asked a shit eating grin spread across his face. You blushed and rolled your eyes. "Yeah, he left it here so its fair game." you shrugged.

The two of you walked outside, and you locked the door behind you. Dustin got into the back seat and you hopped in the passenger side. You caught Steve eyeing you, so you turned to look at him. "You need something Harrington?" you teased him, a smirk plastered on your face. "Is that my shirt? Really, again?" You giggled and shrugged your shoulders repeating what you told your brother. "Hey! You left it here, so it's fair game." you concluded. He scoffed playfully and rolled his eyes, pulling out of your driveway.

He pulled up next to your bike, and began digging in his console. "I'm going to find Robin!" Dustin called as he climbed out of the car. "Okay." you nodded to him. Steve began digging in his pockets. You looked at him confused until he pulled out your keys handing them to you. "Thanks." you smiled, leaning in and pressing a kiss to his cheek. His eyes went wide a moment, before he leaned in and kissed you properly. He pulled away, barely ghosting your lips. "My clothes look really good on you, by the way." Your face heated up and your breath hitched, and he definitely noticed. You were flustered, but you'd never run from a fight. You grabbed the back of his neck and kissed him intensely. His hands found your waist, much like the night before. You pulled away, moving your mouth to the shell of his ear. "Yeah, but I bet you'd like them better off." you whispered. He visibly shuddered, causing you to giggle. "C'mon, lets go dingus." you got out of the care as he sat there dumbfounded for a minute.

Once again all four of you were sitting in the break room trying to figure out what the fuck was going on. "That keycard opens the door, but unfortunately, the Russian with this keycard also has a massive gun." Your brother sighed. "Whatever's in this room, whatever's in those boxes, they really don't want anybody finding it." You mumbled. "But there's gotta be a way in." Robin walked around the table. "Well, you know..." Steve spoke up. "I could just take him out." You furrowed your brows. "Take who out?" Robin questioned him. "The Russian guard." he shrugged. You all gave him a look.

Really?

"What? I sneak up behind him, I knock him out, and I take his keycard. It's easy." He said nonchalantly. "Did you not hear the part about the massive gun?" Your brother sassed. "Yes, Dustin, I did. And that's why I would be sneaking." You face palmed and sighed. "Ah. Well, please, tell me this, and be honest, have you ever actually... won a fight?" You tried not to laugh at his question. "Okay, that was one time-" You quickly cut him off. "Twice. Jonathan. Year prior?" You reminded him. "Listen, that doesn't count." he mumbled. "Really? I've known him since we were little bitty, he cant throw a punch to save his life. So why wouldn't it? Because it looks like he beat the shit out of you." You explained. "It was- Who's side are you on?" you laughed and shook your head. "You got a fat lip, crooked nose, swollen eye, a lot of blood...things that all added up-" Robin cut him off "That just might work." She rushed through the swinging doors and began to dig in the tip jar.

"Hey, what... what are you doing?" Steve asked. "I need cash." She said hurriedly. "Well, half of that's mine." he complained. "Where're you going?" You asked. "To find a way into that room, a safe way." Your face lit up and you hopped the counter. "Cool I'm coming with!" She smiled and nodded. You noticed Steve's face drop into a slightly disappointed frown. "And, in the meantime, sling ice cream, behave, and don't get beat up." You pulled your keys out of your pocket. "We'll be back in a jiff." You mocked a salute. You had begun to walk away when Dustin called out to you. "Y/n! Kiss your stupid boyfriend goodbye so he isn't all mopey and shit!"

Your face turned bright red and you quickly spun on your heels. You rolled your eyes and walked over to the counter where Steve was standing on the other side. You grabbed the collar of his uniform and kissed him quickly. "You're such a baby, Harrington." He smiled as his ears turned pink. You side eyed Dustin who was currently licking Steve's ice cream scooper. Steve followed your gaze and grimaced pulling away from you. He walked over to Dustin taking his scooper back. "Oh, dude. Come on, man, not my scooper." He spun it like it was a pistol in an old western movie, sticking it back in its holster. You smiled and shook your head walking out of the ice cream parlor.