ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟘𝟝 - 𝔸𝕣𝕥𝕚𝕗𝕚𝕔𝕚𝕒𝕝

( Takeyama POV )

2 days passed by in a flash, and we were already gearing up to head out into the mountains for the Special Exam.

Well, not geared up, exactly. This was a holiday for the new class, so I was simply staring out of the window of the bus we were seated in. Ryuuen was sitting beside me, with earphones plugged into his ear.

I wonder what he's listening to. From the looks of it, it's probably heavy metal? I can't judge a book by its cover, though.

"Genre?"

He didn't seem to have heard me, as he blissfully scrolled through his mp3 player. It irked me a bit, and I punched him on the shoulder. He turned to look at me with the most annoyed expression.

"The hell do you want?"

"Whatcha listening to?"

"None of your business."

"Come on. What, you're ashamed of it? It's alright, I'm not gonna judge you," I replied sneakily. "Now, show me."

"Go away, moron."

I pulled the earphone out of his ear, and he turned to give me the devil's eye. "I swear to fucking god, if you put that in your ear---"

"Dude."

"....."

"You're listening to Barbie Girl."

"Fuck you too."

"Keep it up. I approve," I said wholeheartedly, and pointed a cheeky thumbs-up. Ryuuen cursed under his breath, before going back to listening to his music.

I smirked to myself, before immersing my conscience back into the countryside scenery. The glass windows in my bedroom back at the White Room had a splendid scenery as well, but with the wind in my hair, and the cold winter aura, it felt more magical.

I can't believe I'm homesick. That was the last feeling I expected.

'I kinda double-crossed Ichika though.....'

I remember the promise we made on the day I left clearly. That I would come back to her as soon as the White Room opened up again. But one thing led to another, and now it's almost been 2 years, and I haven't seen her or even kept contact.

I feel like such an idiot older brother. I probably am.

'I wanna see her again..... but then she'll annoy me to no bounds, and then I'll feel bad about seeing her.....'

Life completes its cycle in the worst ways possible.

[ ----- ----- ----- ]

After Chabs-sensei explained the rules, which I was only partly listening to, the four of us made our way into the buildings towards our rooms, while the rest of the school went to the open arena to form their groups.

Our little class of four had attracted everyone's eyes. That was to be expected. The Student Council had no say in this either, so everyone was equally surprised when they had been informed of this massive change. Unknowingly, I had once again become the talk of the grade.

The four of us were split according to gender and sent to our respective buildings. Only the cafeteria and common lobby were shared. The boys had dorms in the main building, while the girls were in the side building.

According to the senseis, Ryuuen and I were going to share a room.

"I need to room with you for a week? This has already turned into a nightmare," Ryuuen sighed.