5. Promise

It's been an hour already...

"Shit!"

"Kook!.....Hold on."

Yoongi grabbed Jungkook's wrist and sat him back down. But he had no ideas either.

When he opened the door nervously, Jungkook was shocked to see Taehyung in front of him. A cotton shirt, which was too baggy for his slender body, was flowing down enough to expose his one shoulder. Also, the baggy slacks were long enough to completely cover his peach bones, whether that's the way it was designed or if he was too small, and they were too baggy to make him look like he was in a bag of potatoes. There was not a single bag in Taehyung's hand, and he looked down as if he didn't seem to care about anything, he completely ignoring Jungkook and Yoongi.

Yoongi forced Jungkook to the side and made Taehyung come inside. Even after entering the room, Taehyung was just standing to one side, still avoiding their gaze. Yoongi led Taehyung to his room before Jungkook lost his temper. And after he entered the room, there was no sound or movement detected from within for over an hour.

Jungkook's patience had already crossed the limit.

"What the hell is he doing alone in the room?"

"Hey, does it matter that he's alone in his own room?"

"But-"

"Kook, he needs time to adapt too."

"......."

Need time to adapt? A momentarily crooked smirk appeared on Jungkook's face.

"He just back to where he was supposed to be. Why does he need an adaptation?"

"......."

Yoongi pursed his lips tightly as if he had already anticipated Jungkook's behavior.

"Why isn't Namjoon hyung coming? Where is his luggage? The clothes that he wearing now was definitely Namjoon hyung's, isn't it?"

"Weren't you the one who told Namjoon that not to ever mention you to Taehyung? What would you do if he heard you now? So, stop grumbling!"

At Yoongi's sharp question, Jungkook bit his molars tightly and stared at Taehyung's room. This was not the scene he had envisioned. Jungkook thought that maybe this time, Taehyung would be happy to be reunited with him. It didn't matter to him where he was or what he was doing the past time. He didn't care about anything other than that Taehyung was back. At least, Jungkook expected Taehyung to apologize for worrying and making him sad for the past seven years. For how dare he leave his side without his permission.

"You want to play with me, huh~?"

"Ko-"

Yoongi, who was about to rebuke Jungkook, felt a vibration in his pants pocket and pulled out his phone. it was Namjoon. Yoongi didn't take his eyes off Jungkook even while talking on the phone with Namjoon. But when he heard the dog whine through the phone, he furrowed his eyebrows as if puzzled.

"Hey, did you stop by Jin?"

In an instant, Jungkook's eyebrows rose fiercely. Now, Jungkook crossed his arms and looked straight at Yoongi, while concentrating on their call.

"No, don't get me wrong. I'm on my way to where he was living to pick up his luggage. Tell our angry boss that my job would have been a lot easier if I had been able to get there after picking up his luggage."

Yoongi snorted, imagining Namjoon muttering and sighing.

"For him, that was the limit of his patience. We know better than anyone. But... what is that sound? I can tell you for sure, but that doesn't sound like a human."