13. Hidden Bruises

Yoongi's mind, standing in front of Hoseok's shop with his arms crossed, was really complicated. It must have been fifteen minutes or so since he was doing like that, and he knew he had no time to delay.

Yoongi was having breakfast at Jungkook's favorite bakery with Jungkook, Taehyung, and Jimin a while ago. And thanks to Jungkook making no effort to hide it, his antipathy towards Jimin was clearly communicated to everyone throughout the time they spent together. But all of Yoongi's nerves were secretly focused on Taehyung.

"I didn't know that the heater wasn't working because I didn't use that room. I thought Taehyung would be upset to see his friend sleeping in the living room, so I made him sleep in my room. Jimin said you came earlier... Don't misunderstand it."

Yoongi explained as if nothing had happened, and only then could see a smile on Taehyung's pale face. Jimin's suspicious eyes turned to Taehyung, but as Yoongi expected, Taehyung didn't notice it. Yoongi didn't say anything to him, but he knew Jimin was going to act wisely.

After the uncomfortable breakfast, they all went back to school and dispersed to carry out their respective tasks, but Yoongi did not miss this opportunity and came to Hoseok's store. He was well aware of Jungkook's schedule, and now that Jungkook has to be in the classroom for three hours from now on, it was a perfect opportunity for Yoongi to be active freely.

"Huh? I never thought I'd see you in front of a shop that wasn't even open at such an early hour. ....Why are you here?"

"Um... well, maybe... because we need to talk?"

Hoseok's sudden voice made Yoongi startled. He was a very calm and not easily shaken person, but his reason for coming here somehow made him hesitant.

"Well, I don't think you just stopped by here, right?"

".....It's about Taehyung."

Yoongi could clearly feel Hoseok's tension changing as soon as he heard Taehyung's name. Alertness, anxiety... And that hasn't changed even now, when they sit face to face with a cup of coffee in front of them.

"Is there something wrong with him? Is his allergy causing trouble again?"

"I think I found Taehyung's problem."

"There is no problem with him!"

"You were the one who asked me what's wrong with him."

"Yeah, I asked what the wrong was, but I didn't say he had some problem."

"Hmm, I didn't think you were the type to play with puns. Like you and me... we have to act faster than words."

"...what do you mean?"

Hoseok looked at Yoongi with a displeased expression. In fact, when Yoongi and Jungkook came to the store a few days ago, he felt anxious as if he had seen them somewhere. Like Taehyung, he didn't know many people. And, most of the people he knew were obviously not good people. Hoseok did not want Taehyung to face any kind of ordeal again, who is just adjusting to his new life and is about to enjoy a little happiness.

Yoongi took a sip of his coffee without saying a word. He felt that Hoseok was very nervous. And from experience, he knew that these kinds of conversations required a bit of frankness, for trust each other. It may be impossible for them to trust each other, but at least they will be able to share the answers they want.

"I asked what you mean!"

"I'm saying that Taehyung didn't recognize my face."

"..........!"