43. Brief sweetness; and the watcher

"SURPRISE~!!"

Today, Jungkook had a department meeting. Although he did not put all his effort into his school life, he was also not one to neglect his work, so Jungkook attended the meeting from the morning. And during the hours he spent attending the meeting, he couldn't stop thinking about his lovely boyfriend who would be alone in their nest. 

Whenever he thought of Taehyung's cute and lovely figure, still peeking out from under the blanket to see him off when he left the room, he would smile like an idiot. At the end of the meeting, during the question and answer session, he threw a smile into the air like a crazy person, making everyone wonder, but he himself didn't care at all about the reactions of people around him. All he wanted to do was get this boring meeting over and go back to his lovely boyfriend. 

But right in front of his eyes, as soon as he ran out of the building after the meeting, the person he wanted to see so much was there. The only person in this world, the only person who can make him laugh and cry...

"Tae~ Babe!"

Without hesitation, Jungkook walked up to him and hugged him.

"Babe, Why are you out on this cold day? How long have you been here?"

"You didn't come back even after the time you promised, so I came out to surprise you~!"

Taehyung giggled as he nuzzled the tip of his nose against Jungkook's neck. No matter how many times he told him it was okay now, Jungkook still didn't forget to be careful about hugging him. And Taehyung was glad that Jungkook was trustworthy. He was still passionate and sweet, but he was no longer the rookie boy who's spitfire and couldn't control his emotions. His changes made Taehyung feel the passage of time, and he was able to accept it without hesitation.

They were no longer in a state of ambiguity due to the conversation they had a few days ago. They know how they feel about each other and they have promised to express their feelings no longer hiding or holding back. They wondered if a promise was necessary for something like that, but they were able to confirm over and over again that the promises they made to each other could make a big difference.

Jungkook was thrilled every time Taehyung approached him affectionately without the slightest hesitation. It felt like a miracle that he could again feel the attention, affection, and love that Taehyung always gave him. Taehyung was originally a person whose words and actions always matched, and Jungkook, feeling Tae's sincerity towards him, no longer had any hesitation. He can now be sure of the feelings he had to hide while watching shooting stars with Taehyung, or more accurately, their feelings.

Taehyung found peace in seeing Jungkook treat him comfortably without any hesitation. Jungkook's protectiveness, exclusivity and obsession still remained, but he knew how to control all his emotions for Taehyung's sake. Taehyung's heart fluttered uncontrollably at the sight of Jungkook becoming more manly and mature. He sometimes felt embarrassed by the way he secretly felt horny while looking at Jungkook... Yeah, it was truly troubling him, and he couldn't help but imagine the sweet days they would have spent together in the past. 

They were clearly in love. They were falling more and more madly for each other.

"It's cold! What if you catch a cold?!"

"Then you will take good care of me, so why should I worry?"

"That's right! You don't have to worry about anything~!"

Jungkook couldn't bear his boyfriend's loveliness and hugged him again. This time, without realizing it, he hugged Taehyung a little tighter, but soon he was startled by what he had done and pulled back slightly. Taehyung smiled widely before Jungkook even asked, as if to let him know that he was okay. Jungkook smiled in relief and lightly kissed his forehead. Jungkook smiled like an idiot when he saw Taehyung giggling and shrugging his shoulders shyly.