31. Erratic Mind

"Once I've decided to treat you as him, I might be a little bit different than before."

"Well, I don't care. I've seen a lot of people with odd tastes..."

"Odd tastes...?"

"..............."

"You won't find any odd tastes in me. It just... I'll just tell you that I might bother you a lot."

Taehyung tilted his head as he pulled up the zipper on his jacket.

"Did he say he would bother me a lot? I don't think he's that type..."

Even though it was Christmas, everyone, including him, had overslept and was about to go skiing in the early afternoon. In fact, being away from the world and in the snowy mountains among themselves, they hardly felt Christmas. If it wasn't for the Christmas tree they made and the soft-sounding carols, they wouldn't even know it was Christmas.

Taehyung liked the color and design of the ski suit that fit his body like it was tailored. Come to think of it, he also liked all the furniture and objects in his room in the dorm. He wondered if Jungkook and his taste were the same. But soon a small smile appeared on his lips as he shook his head in denial.

"Tae, are you ready? Shall we go?"

The door opened almost immediately after knocking, and Taehyung looked back in surprise when he heard Jimin's voice. Just by hearing Jimin's voice, anyone could tell how excited he was.

"This is my first time wearing a ski suit~ How is it? Does it suit me? Hmm~ If it's this soft, it won't hurt that much if I fall down, right?"

Taehyung felt sorry for Jimin when he  thinks  that if it hadn't been for the early morning argument he and Hoseok had, they would have already been riding on a snowy mountain. Before he could answer anything, Taehyung was dragged out of the room by Jimin, who urged him by pulling his hand.

"Do you really think he can snowboard?"

"Of course! No matter how much time passes, his body will remember. What you learn with your body will never be forgotten! You haven't been fighting in a while, but you're still a great fighter, aren't you?"

Jungkook smiled as he looked at himself in the mirror. Yoongi let out a quiet sigh as he sensed Jungkook's visibly changed mood. Certainly he liked seeing Jungkook happy. But on the other hand, a feeling of anxiety that could not be ignored weighed on his heart. Maybe they all have the same concerns.

Will Jungkook be able to let go of Taehyung?

"Are you really going to treat him like you used to be?"

"I've got his permission. So... I will."

"But-"

"Yoongi hyung-"

"............"

Jungkook calmly looked at Yoongi, who seemed worried. He also knew well what he was concerned about. Maybe that's why he hesitated to accept Taehyung's offer. So he struggled to make up his mind, and his mind was now clear and inflexible.

"Don't worry. I just want to let him go..."

"Well, I don't care. I've seen a lot of people with odd tastes..."

"Odd tastes...?"

Last night, what Taehyung said made Jungkook gasp at the thought that ran through his mind. He seemed to know who Taehyung was talking about. And when he came to the idea that they might have done something wrong to Taehyung, he was overcome with anger and uncontrollable sadness.