Episode 2 (2/2)

Kenji laughed maniacally watching run and dodge the violent onslaught of his shadows attacks.

"Come on! Show me the power of a Fairy Tail wizard! Can all you do is run?!" He mocked, the sight giving him overwhelming joy.

"You talk a lot of shit for a guy keeping me at a distance." Kyo replied circling around a tree and threw multiple shards of ice at him.

Kenji scoffed and deflected them with ease. "This is a fight, don't talk like a fool however if you want me to put in some work, make me~"

"Annoying.."

Kyo launched several ice shards once again, launching himself high in the trees as well.

Hibiki got her threads and got to a higher position as well as Kenji protected himself.

'Two opponents... both skilled in long range fighting... that Kenji guy isn't giving me the slightest opening' Kyo racked his brain thinking of an idea of how to get close.

"?!"

Suddenly he lost control of his left arm, it moved up as it extended out, pointing his sword directly at him. He quickly used his free hand to grab the blade before it pierced his chest, blood flowing and dripping from his palm.

"What the hell...?"

"So I didn't get you?"

Hibiki showed up in another tree not too far from him. "I attached a thread to your arm and gained control of it," she moved her finger slightly and Kyo's arm reacted, trying to push the sword in his flesh but the boy kept resisting with his free hand.

"My, my. Hibiki you're so cold but keep him still~" Kenji grinned and made his shadow spin like a drill, it spun at an incredible speed, heading towards Kyo.

Kyo jumped backwards off the tree and watched Kenji's shadow extended and spread out all around him.

"I've got you!" Kenji laughed.

Kyo made a shield of ice in front of him but something else happened. First he got control of his arm back. Then ice crystals began to rain down around the bodies of Kenji and Hibiki.

The two Revenant Beasts Wizards were confused by the sudden event but Kenji was the first to react, his wrapped his shadow around his body in a swift motion.

"Bloody Snow.."

The falling crystals of ice extended into spikes and nearly impaled Hibiki however due to her reflexes she was able to escape deadly injuries, or so she thought.

Shards of ice blowing in the wind surrounded her body and closed in on her, slicing her violently.

"AAAAAAAAH!"

She let out a loud cry of agony and fell off the tree head first after the shards left her body.

Kenji uncovered himself and used his shadow to catch his partner, bringing her close to him.

"So, you're here." He chuckled softly, watching the ice shards gather by Kyo and formed into Akito.

"You must be the Silver Sabelum wizard, thanks for the help." Kyo said.

"Don't thank me... I don't think now is the time.. But the name is Akito," he replied, his eyes focused on the dark mages before them. "They are our main focus right now..."

Kenji chuckled and looked at the injured Hibiki. "He got you good, no matter, I don't need your assistance right now. So for now just wait okay?"

"W-we don't have time for you to have fun.. We have a mission..." she replied. Her partner laughed and shook his head.