Episode 4

-???-

"Sir, Fairy Tail is on the move, they're making their way to Landow, currently boarding the train."

"Heh, is that so? Looks like I might see an old face~" Kenji chuckled and looked at his servant, his expression going from amusement to slight annoyance. "Hopefully they don't run into that psychotic science bitch, it would be troublesome for if she killed them."

"And why is that, sir?"

Kenji glared at him and tapped his own head. "Are you dumb? It's because I won't get to have any fun if she gets them! Tch, honestly I'm surprised she even accepted the job, she's usually more focused on finding her weak minded toy..." The dark mage sighed and looked into the distance, his earlier smile returning.

"This might actually be fun~"

On the train the Fairy Tail mages were all sitting together, currently discussing what their plan would be in Landow.

"This mission is basically us being this guy's bodyguards, he was attacked by thugs being controlled but the real threat is whoever was able to do such a thing." Sy stated, writing in a notebook, everyone decided it would be good to keep bullet points as they planned to keep track of everything.

"One thing I know for certain is that I am suited to be on the mining site, after all my earth magic makes the whole area easy to defend all the workers." Sylvia leaned her head back, a confident smile on her face.

The boys had no objections to her statement.

"Fine then I guess we'll leave the mining site in your hands, however you won't be fully alone, we'll keep watch nearby or to keep the enemy getting too suspicious we can have a pair of twos." Magnus smiled. "Two stay with the workers and the other two stay in the city, keeping watch by blending in with the crowd, Sylvia is already going to the site so who wants to go with her?"

"I guess I can, I think it will be fun." Replied Sy, who got an annoyed glance from Kyo.

"This isn't a game nor are we sight seeing, we have a job to do." Kyo spoke up, resting his head on his hand, "Magnus, if we happen to see Revenant Beasts members.."

"Don't worry, I promise I'll stay calm." The other boy reassured him, a pure smile on his face.

"Alright."

---

The group arrived in Landow, the town wasn't too big, decent buildings but the many mountains surrounding it were the real jaw droppers, it was like the place was in the realm of giants.

Everyone went over the plan one last time before heading out of the station.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" Sylvia waved her hands frantically after bumping into a young man, she was too focused on the mountains in the distance to notice him.

The man chuckled softly and held up his hand. "No, no. It's quite alright, no need to apologize."

The man was quite the looker honestly, he had long red hair with a black streak in his bangs, golden yellow eyes that suited his calm yet mysterious appearance. He wore a black and white vest, with black plants, a gold chain going from his belt loop to his pocket, along with a notebook on the left side of his hips and long black boots.

"Oh but I must, I wasn't paying attention at all." Sylvia laughed awkwardly and the man chuckled in response.

"Apology accepted then, now then, I must be on my way. Judging by your statement of not paying attention you may not be from here so enjoy your time." The man bowed and headed off into town.

"Not even five minutes go by and you're making a fool out of yourself?" Kyo sighed, earning a blush in return.

"Sh-shut up!"

----

"Ah, are you all from Fairy Tail?" Asked a young woman, she appeared to be one of the miners due to her dirty attire and her black helmet with a small light attached.

"Yes, ma'am. We are here to watch over your boss." Sylvia smiled, "I am Sylvia and this is my friend, Sy."

"Hello, there. A pleasure to meet you." Sy waved and the woman smiled, pleased to see help arrive.

"Yes, I'll take you to the boss, he's a hard worker it takes a lot to get him out of the caves" she laughed and led the way to him.

The wizards were taken to one of many mountains and into a cave, inside was glowing red ore, mine carts and tools along with many workers to match.

Sylvia's eyes practically sparkled at the sight. "Oh man! Once this is all over I HAVE to do some mining or climb a few mountains!"

As beautiful as the young woman loved she was a tomboy at heart, things like this just resonated with her all too well.

"Sir, the wizards of Fairy Tail have arrived to help."

A tall dark skinned man wearing the same outfit as the other workers stood up and smiled. "Ah, nice to meet you. As you already know I'm the boss around here, the name's Daisuke, it's a pleasure to meet you."

The man shared a handshake with them and Sy raised his brow in curiosity. "Sir, I must say even though you were attacked you continue to do your job. You must be bold or you love doing the thing you do."

Daisuke laughed and gave a thumbs up. "You're right on both young man!" He exclaimed the grown man looking like a child with how he smiled. "This job is a dangerous one and it does require one with a bold heart, mining can get dangerous and messy if you aren't careful. There's also just the joy of making new discoveries, working hard and finding amazing treasures, I can only sum this all up as fun."

Sylvia playfully punched the man's shoulder. "I know I'm no miner but dirty work like this is just my style! Please let me help out! My earth magic will make it a piece of cake."

The proud smile made Daisuke grin and chuckle. "I like that fire little lady, sure we'll get you suited up for the job."

---

Elsewhere on the outskirts in the mountains nearby Kyo had just finished his scouting of the area, making sure the enemy or any traps they placed weren't nearby but he didn't find anything, so he decided to head back.

After making his way into town he suddenly stopped in his tracks, the atmosphere around him suddenly felt heavy, like gravity was pulling him down. His heart pounded and he began to sweat, he felt frozen, as if he was in terrible agony with anticipation of what was to come from this sudden feeling.

He then let out a gasp and gripped his chest, panting heavily as he didn't realize he had stopped breathing.

"W-what was that...?" He asked himself and glanced around carefully, he didn't know where it was but he felt a heavy wave of intense bloodlust. It was only for a second but with how he felt it was like death itself stood before him, ready to take his life in that very moment.

Kyo was never one to feel such a way easily but this was enough to make him quickly understand something wasn't right. "Damn it.." He cursed and started sprinting.

As he took off he was unaware of the cold eyes that stared at him from afar. "Kenji's description fits with him... that boy.. he looks like he might entertain me~" the feminine voice of this mysterious person started off with no emotion but as she thought about what she wanted to do her voice was enough to send chills down the spines of those who were to hear it.

---

Kyo ran into the room of an inn he and Magnus got for the group, scaring the other boy as he let out a small yelp.

"Kyo! Don't scare me like- what's wrong?"

Kyo looked at him more serious than usual. "I've got a bad feeling, we need to head to the others now."

End.