Episode 5

-In the Caves-

"Haha this is great!" Sylvia laughed cheerfully as she used her pickaxe, a smile on the young adult's face.

"Your friend sure is full of spirit," chuckled Daisuke, he and Sy watching from the sideline.

"Of course she is, this is heaven for her right now, even on a mission she will always manage to find some fun." Sy put his hands in his pockets, heading towards the exit. "I'm going to take a look outside, both of us in here could lead to an ambush from the enemy."

"Alright, be careful!" Sylvia called out, still in her own little world.

"You should learn to care about these situations." The young man sighed but chuckled, getting farther from them.

Once he made his way outside he looked around the area, nothing seemed suspicious or out of place. "So far so good. Hopefully I don't jinx anything.." He muttered and continued his search.

-in the town-

Kyo and Magnus were both speed walking over to the mining site when suddenly Kyo stopped in his tracks.

"Hey, what's the matter? Why did you stop?" Asked Magnus.

"I think we should split up, I'll go to the others, you go to the outskirts of the town."

"But why?"

"I just feel like we are being watched," replied Kyo.

Magnus didn't object, he understood that there was no point or even time to do so. "Alright, if everything is clear on my end I'll head back."

With that the two separated, Magnus using his lighting magic to quickly leave town, zipping around the civilians.

Kyo watched for a few seconds then went to his location.

-back at the caves-

Sy walked deeper into the mountains, looking all around him. It was like walking in an abandoned area, he almost felt more on edge than before. Yeah he was already on guard but the atmosphere just bothered him.

He soon came across various tools and mine carts. "Ah, another cave that must have been explored."

Sy walked closer and noticed some of the picaxes were broken along with some carts being slashed.

"That's right, the workers suddenly lost it abs got violent. This must be the result of that. I wish I could ask questions but none of them remember anything..." He sighed and rubbed his head, the memory loss detail annoying him clearly.

"Wait a minute.. that other cave barely had any workers... shouldn't a big cave have people everywhere?" Sy held his hand up to his chin. "Maybe the workers are home after the sudden brainwash?"

As he asked himself the question he walked in the cave, possibly thinking a clue could be found.

-back with Daisuke and Sylvia-

"All done!" The woman cheered, giving a thumbs up as she stood next to a cart full of crystal chunks.

"Wow, you may be the best worker with that performance!"

"Ha! I haven't even gotten serious," she shrugged but smiled, putting the pickaxe down and wiped the dirt from her hands. "Now, as fun as that was tell me more about the attack that happened."

"Ah, yes. Well it was a normal day like any other but as I said my employees just lost it, they attacked and were doing their best to incapacitate me for capture but after a while they all stopped but I did notice one thing," the man explained.