Chapter 8 - Wednesday, August 2nd: Don't you dare take my phone!

Later that day, I had swim class on my schedule. I always enjoyed swimming and was very pleased to hear that Highridge had a huge pool. Swimming has always helped me free up my mind. And I had a lot going on my mind right now.

The others were still either gossiping about me or mostly ignoring me. Which was fine with me, I wasn't in the mood for socialising. So I ignored them too and stayed longer in the pool so I would not have to deal with the girls in the shower room. I was also drugging out the time in the hopes that the parking lot would be empty when I come out.

When I finally headed for the showers, there were only a few girls left. As I stood there, letting the hot water wash away the tension in my body, I almost forgot all my recent troubles.

But just for a moment. I wanted to cry, but I knew I'd need to save that for bedtime when I'd have to think about how I'd possibly survive another day at Highridge.

The hot shower felt really nice. And here, the water didn't smell of so much chlorine as at my other school. So I just stood there for a long time, lost in my thoughts. I could feel my body relax more and more, as I massaged the muscles. Some parts were bruised from the day before. I'd punched the punching bag too hard.

So absorbed was I in my worries, that I didn't notice right away that it went silent outside. I think I felt danger before my mind caught up. I heard steps.

I quickly turned off the water and reached for my towel. But it was no longer there. I pulled the curtain to the side and peeked through. And there he was - Blake!

He was leaning against the sink with his arms folded. He was looking half amused and had a "gotcha" look on his face.

I swallowed hard.

I stood naked in the shower, only protected by a thin curtain. It flashed through my mind that this was what my father wanted to protect me from when he sent me to learn how to fight. This town wasn't a safe place for girls on a good day. And recently, I have been having some really bad days. I shouldn't be surprised given this guy's reputation that he would play dirty.

Meanwhile, he was silently studying me through his narrowed eyes. I wished I could read his mind. No, scratch that. I was glad I couldn't read his mind.

"If you think that the fear of being seen naked by you would intimidate me, think again," I said challenging him. It was probably not something he expected me to say, then he raised a brow at that.

"Don't flatter yourself," he replied sounding almost bored.

What did I expect? I had been under the hot water for a long while. I could see myself in the mirror behind him. My face was flushed red and my hair a mess. While he looked all polished in his perfectly fitted uniform.

I wanted to reply something snappy to that, but then I taught better of it. If he was well-mannered, he'd not be here in the first place. I totally believed that someone like him could and would, given enough provocation, do something stupid.

I caught sight of my towel beside him.

"Give me the towel," I told him instead, stretching out my bare arm.

"Come and get it," he replied with a raised brow. He had it all planned out and he wasn't gonna make it easy for me. I was in a most vulnerable position and he knew that. And he was clearly not interested in letting me out of my predicament. I let my arm drop again and grabbed the curtain more firmly instead. I gave the room a quick glance. There were a thing or two that I could turn into a weapon.

"I'm warning you. If you so much as touch me..." I began.

He rolled his eyes.

"If I really wanted to touch you, I doubt there is anything you could do about it," he said with an icy voice as if stating the obvious.