Chapter 22 - Thur, Aug 10th: Did I win or did I lose?

I was already at the martial arts school when Blake, Josh, and Liam arrived. Ramsey narrowed his eyes when he saw them enter.

"I'm not taking any rich kids as students," he announced. I came closer.

"If I don't beat that one, the big one, he won't help me with a project at school. And he's behind all that happened to my car." I had shown Ramsey my car as soon as I got into the club and he promised to fix it for me, once again, without my father's knowledge.

"He did that, hein?" Ramsey eyed the guys with renewed interest. "I've seen you with that one in the newspaper."

"And now you are gonna see me kick his arse."

"We will see..."

"What the fuck! What are you doing here?" I heard Jake exclaim as he got into the club right behind the East Side guys. "Did you bring your new boyfriend to train here now too?" Last question was directed at me. He looked pissed.

"This does not concern you, Jake," I told him coldly and headed for the ring. "Are you coming or what?" I said looking over to Blake.

"I want no other fight here tonight," Ramsey announced. "You, the rich kids, go stand over there. Jake, stand by my side and keep your mouth shut." Everyone did as told.

All the others at the club now also surrounded the ring. There were cheers. Everyone was very eager to see me fight Blake. Maybe Blake and I really needed this showdown. Blow off the steam that had built up itself between us. I put my helm and gloves on and watched Blake do the same.

Blake was in great shape. I watched him as he moved, to see if he was indeed protecting his left. When he took his stand, he turned his right to me.

So, so. Frank did say the truth.

I motioned Blake to attack.

"You better watch out," I heard Jake shout.

Blake attacked, but before he knew I slid around him and hit him in the ribs on his left side. That must have hurt. He attacked again, but I was already kicking his feet from underneath him and he crashed to the ground with a huge thug. I was upon him, his neck locked in my armpit.

"Yield!" I demanded.

"Never," he cried back. He managed to use his strength to get on his feet again and out of my grip. He studied me for a moment. Did I see some newfound respect for me in his eyes?

He attacked again.

"Careful, you don't wanna spoil my face. What would Carter say if I turn up all bruised at his birthday party?"

"You are invited?"

"He and I are practically best friends. He begged me to be there," I said dodging his punch, while going again for his left side.

"I'm warning you. Stay away from him," he said deflecting.

"Is he whom you love?" I asked. The question just came out of me and it made him hesitate. Hesitate enough for me to knock him down. I was again upon him and this time we were locked face to face in a grip. I could see him struggle, but I knew with all his strength, even he could not get out of this lock.

"Do you yield?" I asked.

"Damn you," he said almost blue in his face. "I yield."

I let go of him.

"It is done then. See you are the library tomorrow," I told him and walked toward Ramsey. Ramsey's attention was still on Blake and there was a frown on his face. I took off the helm and brushed back my hair.