35. U-Turn

*content warning for language, substance misuse, mature content*
♾♾♾

TMZ: An employee at an airstrip in Napa sent a photo of a star-studded crowd deboarding a private jet. The group included Min Yoongi and his husband; actors Park Jimin and Kim Taehyung; JJK, and a few others.

♾♾♾

Taehyung woke up alone in Jungkook's bed with only a vague idea of what had happened. There was no sign of Jungkook in the room, and when he poked his head into the bathroom, there was nobody in the shower either.

He was reluctant to leave the room knowing that Jungkook's mom, her girlfriend and Jimin were all somewhere in the house, but he didn't hear any voices so he tiptoed out of the room to look for Jungkook.

Luckily, it was easy to find him. The first door he came to in the hallway was ajar, and he could see the younger with his back to the door, sitting on a stool.

"Wow, this is amazing," Taehyung breathed, padding into the room with messy hair and sleepy eyes.

Jungkook startled a tiny bit, "Good morning, sleepyhead," he hummed.

"Koo, I totally forgot you had Kelly order all this," he said, voice hushed in awe, "You've gotten so good."

Jungkook had refocused on the wheel spinning in front of him, hands wet and covered in grey clay, "I have had a lot of practice," he chuckled, voice quiet and tentative.

Taehyung had walked over to stand next to the younger and look at the wall, which now had rows and rows of driftwood shelving. The shelves were full of pottery. Some glazed, some bare, but all of it was near-perfect. Cups, plates, bowls, vases, with some larger and more ornate pieces.

"This is just, wow. I'm in awe," he whispered, still incredulous, "I think this is my new favorite room in the house."

Jungkook was still trying to fix the bowl that he had accidentally squeezed when Taehyung had walked in, rendering it lopsided and lumpy. He bit back a smile, "What was your favorite room before?" he mumbled, sounding far away in his own mind.

Taehyung was watching the younger work on his bowl, "Probably your room. Maybe your office. But probably your room," he shrugged, confused about why that made him feel like crying.

"Why?" Jungkook asked, unfazed.

He reached over to adjust one of Jungkook's hands, "Try this," he prompted, delicately angling his hand, allowing the bowl to take a new shape.

"I don't know, Jungkookie. Being in your room makes my heart full, I guess. Being in your office makes me want to read everything you write, even though I probably don't want to," he laughed, though it ached.

Jungkook's brows crumpled, deep in thought, still looking down, "I like when you're in my room," he mumbled, almost without intention.

Taehyung nodded, putting his hands in his pockets, "Where did you sleep last night?"

"In my office," the younger replied, finally glancing up at Taehyung for a half-second.

"Why, Koo? You didn't have to," Taehyung murmured, feeling his level of alarm rise, wondering how much he was forgetting.

Jungkook sighed, biting his upper lip, "Before you passed out last night, we had a little disagreement about you going home and me being insane. It just seemed like it would be more respectful to give you some space," he explained, shoulders lifting in supposition.

Taehyung raised a brow, "Do you think you just needed some space?"

Jungkook pursed his lips to stifle a tiny laugh, "Maybe," he admitted, appreciating the irony.