Chapter 3: Rehearsal Disaster

——————————💀——————————

THREE HOURS LATER...

"Miss Everglot, from the beginning. Again." The Pastor groaned. "'With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way in darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.' Let's try it again." He glared at her.

"Yes. Yes, sir." She squeaked.

Both families were now at watching as the two practiced their vows for their wedding. Victor and (Y/n) stood on one side of a table holding candles while Pastor Galswells was standing on the other side.

"With this candle..." (Y/n) tried to light her candle by connecting it to the bigger candle on the table, but it wouldn't light. "This candle...This candle..." she kept trying, but it wouldn't light.

She started to get nervous, because everyone was watching her fail. She looked over to her parents who were glaring at her, and Victoria tried to give her and encouraging smile. Pastor Galswells cleared his throat and she looked back and saw her candle was lit.

"With this candle..." she let out a nervous sigh, and accidentally blew her candle out.

"Continue!" Pastor Galswells snapped at her, as the doorbell rang.

"Get the door." Lord Everglot told the butler.

"Let's just pick it up at the candle bit."

The butler came over to Lord Everglot and handed him a card. "A Lord and Lady Barkis, sir."

"We haven't a head for dates." A man announced as he entered the room, a woman following right behind him. "Apparently, my sister and I are a day early for the ceremony."

They both looked prim and proper with their fancy clothes and yet (Y/n) couldn't help the shiver that ran down her spine when she looked at them.

"Are they from your side of the family?" Lord Everglot whispered to his wife.

"I can't recall." She snapped her fingers at the butler. "A seat for Lord and Lady Barkis."

The butler pulled up two seats and the siblings sat down. Victor and (Y/n) looked at them oddly. Victor's gaze sliding over to Victoria

"Do carry on." Lady Barkis said, waving her hand.

"Let's move on to Master Van Dort's vows, shall we?"

"Yes sir. Certainly." Victor replied, snapping back to attention.

Victor reached over and lit (Y/n)'s candle for her and she gave him a grateful smile.

Victor raised his left hand.

"Right." Pastor Galswells told him.

"Right." He nodded.

"No! Right!" He yelled.

"Oh!" Victor moved his candle to his left hand and raised his right hand. "With this...this..."