Chapter 11: A Wedding!

——————————💀——————————

(Y/n) sat outside the tavern with her head in her hands. Something felt off to her.

"This just doesn't make sense. I thought Victoria was in love with Victor? How could she be marrying some newcomer?" She said to herself.

"Oh, Miss Plum, what am I to do? She just walked off, without saying a word."

She heard Emile's voice from inside and peered into the kitchen through a door.

"Give her some time dearie. I'm sure she's just concerned for her sister. She's got a big heart that one." Miss Plum reassured him.

"Yes, I suppose she does, doesn't she." Emile smiled at the thought of his lovely wife.

"My boy, we need to talk." Elder Gutknecht entered the room holding a book, with the maggot on top of it.

"Let me tell him. Please. Let me tell him." The Maggot cackled.

"What?" Emile asked.

"There is a complication with your marriage." Elder Gutknecht told him.

"I don't understand."

"The vows are binding only until death do you part."

"What are you saying?"

"Death has already parted you." He explained.

Emile gasped. "If she finds out she'll leave me. There must be something you can do!" He begged.

"Well, there is one way."

"Oh, please, please, let me tell him."

"It requires the greatest sacrifice."

"Go on, get to the good part." The Maggot urged.

"What is it?" Emile asked.

"We have to kill her!" The Maggot blurted out.

Emile looked shocked. "What?!"

"(Y/n) would have to give up the life she had forever. She would need to repeat her vows in the land of the living and drink from the wine of ages." Elder Gutknecht explained.

"Poison!" Emile breathed.

"This would stop her heart forever. Only then would she be free to give it to you."

"I could never ask her to do that." Emile sighed, and fell to his knees.

"You don't have to."

Emile looked up and saw the woman standing there.

"I'll do it." She declared.

"My dear girl, if you choose this path, you may never return to the world above. Do you understand?" Elder Gutknecht asked.

(Y/n) took Emile's hand and helped him stand up. She looked into his eyes and smiled up at him.

"I do."

...

Emile and (Y/n) climbed onto the statue that had a dead horse skeleton on it, and Emile lifted (Y/n) onto the horse by her waist and got the attention of the town.

"Gather round. Gather round everybody."

Everyone turned and faced the couple.

"We've decided to do this thing properly. I want to give my beautiful wife the wedding she deserves." Emile looked over at (Y/n) who blushed and looked down at her lap.