Chapter 5: The Corpse Groom

——————————💀——————————

"A new arrival!"

"She must have fainted."

(Y/n) slowly opened her eyes and noticed she was lying on the floor while the corpse and a skeleton looked down at her.

"Are you alright?" The corpse asked, placing his hand behind her head and helped her sit up.

"What...what happened?" She asked in confusion.

"By Jove, man. Looks like we've got ourselves a breather." A skeleton said.

Another corpse pushed the skeleton away and looked down at her. "Ooh! Does she have a dead brother?"

"She's still soft." A Skelton kid said, poking her.

(Y/n) gasped and scrambled up against a bar.

"Alright, everyone relax. You're scaring her." The corpse groom lightly scolded.

"A toast then." A short soldier with a sword in his chest announced. "To the newlyweds."

"Newlyweds?" (Y/n) asked.

"Oh, in the woods, you said your vows so perfectly my dearest." The corpse groom praised, wrapping and arm around her waist and showing off the wedding ring.

"I did? I did!" She realized. "Oh, wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" She went to bang her head against the bar but the corpse groom stopped her by grabbing her face in his hands.

"Easy now, darling. I wouldn't want you to hurt yourself." He smiled.

"Bonjour!" A voice called. "Coming through, coming through." A chef placed a tray on the bar table that had a head on it that was being supported by bugs. "My name is Paul. I am the head waiter. Ha, ha!"

(Y/n) gasped and stepped backwards into the corpse grooms chest, and he placed his hands on her shoulders to steady her.

"I will be creating your wedding feast." Paul announced.

One of the Corpse Groom's eyes popped out and a maggot poked out of his eye socket.

"Wedding feast! I'm salivating." The maggot said.

(Y/n) gasped and recoiled and the Corpse Groom placed his eye back in. "Maggots." He chuckled awkwardly.

This became all too much for (Y/n) and she backed away from everyone in fear.

"Stay back. Stay back. I-I want some questions, now!" She demanded.

"Answers. I think you mean answers." The soldier dwarf corrected her.

"Thank you, yes, answers. I need answers. What's going on here? Where am I? Who are you?"

"Well...that's kind of a long story, dear."

"What a story it is."

Everyone turned and saw a skeleton with a bowler hat leaning against the wall.