Chapter 7: Going Upstairs

——————————💀——————————

(Y/n), Emile, and Scraps made their way up to a tall tower. Emile and (Y/n) entered a room that looked like an old observatory their hands linked together.

"Elder Gutknecht? Are you there?" Emile called. "Hello? Anyone home?"

(Y/n) accidentally knocked over a stack of books which caused a bunch of birds to fly off. (Y/n) got a little scared and hugged onto Emile for comfort. Emile chuckled and wrapped his arms around her waist, until they were interrupted by someone coughing.

They looked up and saw a very old skeleton with a long beard and glasses looking down at them.

"There you are!"

"Huh? Oh, my boy. There you are."

"I've brought my lovely wife, (Y/n)." Emile gestured to you.

"What's that? Wife?" Elder Gutknecht looked over to (Y/n). "Oh my! Well, you've certainly nabbed a beauty haven't you."

"Yes, yes I have." Emile wrapped an arm around your waist and you leaned into him.

"Pleasure to meet you sir." (Y/n) said politely.

"We need to go upstairs. To visit the Land of the Living." Emile explained.

"Land of the Living? Oh, my boy."

"Please, Elder Gutknecht?" Emile begged.

"Now why go up there, when people are dying to get down here?" Elder Gutknecht reasoned.

"Sir, I beg you to help. I would mean so much to...us." (Y/n) pleaded.

"I don't know. It's just not natural."

"Please Elder Gutknecht? Surely there must be something you can do?" Emile asked.

"Hmm. Let me see what I can do." He caved. "Where did I put that book?"

Elder Gutknecht began looking amongst the mountains of books he had. "I left it here somewhere."

He eventually found it on a shelf. "Ah, there's the one." He blew some dust off of it and opened it. "I have it. A Ukrainian haunting spell. Just the thing for these quick trips."

"I'm so glad you thought of this, my dearest." Emile whispered to (Y/n).

"Me too." She responded.

Elder Gutknecht poured a bunch of ingredients into a goblet, and (Y/n) looked at him nervously and watched what he would do with it, but he just drank it.

"Now then...where were we?"

Emile and (Y/n) glanced at each other. "Ukrainian haunting spell?" Emile reminded him.

Elder Gutknecht then grabbed a bird and squeezed an egg out of it. "Ah, here we have it. Ready? Just remember, when you want to come back say 'Hopscotch'."

"Hopscotch?" Emile laughed.

"That's it." Elder Gutknecht cracked the egg and poured dust all over them and the. They disappeared.