Chapter 4: Accidental Marriage

——————————💀——————————

(Y/n) stood on the bridge that leads to the town looking out at the scenery.

"Oh, they must think I'm such a fool. This day couldn't possibly get any worse." She muttered to herself.

Suddenly, she heard someone ringing a bell in the distance.

"Hear ye, hear ye. Rehearsal in ruins as Van Dort boy and Everglot girl causes chaos! Fishy fiancé could be canned! Everglot's all fired up at stupid daughter! Van Dort and Everglot disaster ruins rehearsal!"

(Y/n) scoffed and rolled her eyes as she walked off into the forest to get away from the noise.

...

"It really shouldn't be so difficult. It's just a few simple vows." (Y/n) told herself. "With this hand, I will take your wine? Oh, no, that's not right!" She groaned, walking deeper into the woods.

...

"With this hand, I will cup your...oh goodness no!"

...

(Y/n) approached an old, rotting oak tree, still trying to say her vows.

"With this...with this candle, I will...I will...I will set my mother on fire." She sighed, facepalming and sitting down on a stump.

"It's no use. After that whole disaster there's no way Victor would want to marry me...Nor anyone else for that matter."

She pulled out the ring and looked at it. She thought about how her family would be out on the streets because she couldn't learn her vows. Her parents would be homeless, and so would her sister. Victoria. The thought of Victoria being sent out into the street sparked some determination in her. She couldn't let that happen.

She stood up and tried again. "With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never empty, for I will be your wine."

She looked over and saw a skinny branch and pretended that it was her mother.

"Ah, mother. You look wonderful this evening. What's that? You think I look beautiful too? Why, thank you." She curtsied

(Y/n) turned over to a small stump and pretended it was her father.

"What's that father? You're proud to have me as a daughter? I've always wanted to hear you say that." She hugged the stump.

"With this candle..." (Y/n) broke off a branch and pretended to light a candle. "I will light your way in darkness."

"With this ring..." she looked over and saw a branch that looked like a hand sticking out of the ground. "I ask you to be mine."

(Y/n) placed the ring on the branch. "I did it! I actually did it!" She smiled to herself.

Suddenly, a large gush of wind blew through the air. (Y/n) looked around, confused, not noticing the branch she placed the ring on started to twitch. The branch grabbed her arm and pulled her down onto the ground.

(Y/n) pulled back and tried to get it to let her go, but it had a strong grip. She eventually managed to free herself and she flung backwards onto the ground with a thud. She sat up and noticed that a skeleton hand was still attached to her arm. She shrieked and managed to shake it off.

She looked back over towards the tree and saw that something was pushing upwards from under the ground. Another hand came up and clawed at the ground as a figure rose up.

He was very odd with pale blue skin, blue hair and yellow eyes. He was dressed in an old wedding suit that had multiple tears and holes in it, and bones could be seen on certain parts of his body where his skin had decayed. He opened his eyes and looked down at (Y/n)'s frightened form.

"I do." He whispered and bent down towards the girl.

(Y/n) immediately scrambled up and ran away from him. The arm that she had thrown off started twitching and the man picked it up off the ground and attached it back to his body, and chased after her.

...

(Y/n) ran over a hill and stumbled and tripped onto the ground. She looked over and saw the figure coming over the hill towards her and she stood back up and kept running until she landed on a frozen river. She slipped around a little on the ice, but eventually made it to the other side.

She ran through the forest trying to get back home, but she got caught in some tree branches. She struggled and pulled against the branches and they ripped her dress a bit and pulled her hair out of it's tight bun so it fell loose.

She manages to free herself and ran all the way back to the bridge that led to her town. She turned, panting heavily and looked around for the mysterious corpse to see if he was still chasing her, but she didn't see him.

She sighed with relief and turned around and came face to face with a hard chest. She looked up and saw the corpse looking down at her with a blank expression.

(Y/n) backed away until she hit the side of the bridge, and the corpse man came closer and closer to her and placed his hands on her waist.

"You may kiss the bride." He told himself, and leaned down and placed a kiss on (Y/n)'s lips.

That's the last thing she remembers before everything turned black.

——————————💀——————————