Part 3

A day, A day without her and it felt like, it's been ages. He was missing her, missing her love, care, presence in their room. He was still confused with the sudden change in her behavior.
"Hey, Dude!" Asim greeted him as he entered the study room. Sidharth smiled at him as he sat on the chair opposite to him.

"What happened, dude? You look dull, missing her already?" Asim asked him, the teasing glint in his eyes vanished when he saw the seriousness in his eyes. He understood that something must have happened between SidNaaz, and may be thats the reason Shehnaaz left the house to stay at her parent's house for some days.

"Did you guys fought?"

"No."

"Then?"

"I don't know what happened, after coming back home, she asked me to go to her parent's house for some days, she even snapped at me which never happened before. Shehnaaz was looking upset about didn't told me anything." Sidharth voiced out, may be talking to swayum would help him to clear this out. Asim nodded, he understood what must have happened.

"You know, Sidharth, in your love for your sister, you become ignorant to others-" Asim started off but Sidharth gave confusing look at him.

"I mean, kal ki hi baat le lo, The lunch was supposed to be just for you & her but me & Himanshi tagged along, then you didn't even talked to her through out the lunch, she must have felt hurt-" Asim explained him further.

"Thats childish on her part to feel this way. Himanshi is my sister, she can come with me whenever & wherever she want." He argued, Asim shook his head.

"Thats where you are wrong, Sidharth, no girl would tolerate not even your sister. And It's not first time you have ignored her for Himanshi. Think about it with neutral mind, and you will understand what I'm talking about." Asim said to him before he left from there, leaving him alone, lost in his thought.

True, Himanshi had always been his first priority but had he really ignored his wife? Had he really made her feel insecure about their relation?

He thought about their relation, their marriage wasn't love marriage, It was arrange but still, they love each other immensely. Though they never confessed it in words but they understand each other's emotions. Then where he went wrong? But Then all the time he had denied her wishes her came in front of his eyes, it was true he had failed as a husband. Madhurima is his sister, he had raised her like his own and couldn't deny her any wish but it's true, In his sister's love he ignore everything around him, and unfortunately, his wife become part of that. While taking care of his sister's need, he failed to take care of his wife. He failed to show his love to her. Took her for granted for so long. All she wanted was his time but he never gave her that. 

"No! I need to talk to her." Sidharth thought to himself, his guilt ridden
 heart made him feel restless. He wanted to see her, hold her in his arms and tell her how much he loves her.

He picked up his car keys and walked out of the study room, he was about to leave when himanshi's voice stopped him. He turned around, facing her.

"Bhai, can you come with me, I'm going for my regular check up?" 

"Himanshi, I can't come right now, I have some work and also, Asim is going with you-" Sidharth spoke to her politely, It was first time he was denying his sister. Himanshi look at her brother, her eyes watered as he denied her wish.

"But i wanted you both my side." She voice out. And that moment, He realized how much depended his sister is on him, being the spoiled princess, she wants both the important men of her life by her side, showering their unconditional love on her. She is used to them, Asim & Sidharth are always by her side, nothing was more important to them than her.

"Himanshi, baby, try to understand. I can't come." Sidharth said to her, She huffed in annoyance and walked away leaving a frustrated Sidharth behind but he decided to talk with her later, right now, talking to Shehnaaz was important. If whatever Asim said was right, then he had to mend his mistake and make everything right for them.

He parked his car outside the Gill mansion, and ran inside the house. He knew his in-laws had gone out for some relative's function and shehnaaz is home alone. Without wasting any other moment, he ran upstairs toward her room. He was about to enter her room when his world stopped when he stares at the sight before him. 

"Shehnaaz!" He gasped in horror seeing her body laying lifelessly on the floor.He rushed to her, kneeling down on the floor, he put her head on his lap and gently patted her cheeks. Seeing her so lifeless, his world came crashing down, drawn in the pool of pain & self loathing. Holding himself responsible for her state, He felt like killing himself. He picked her up in his arms and made her lay down on the bed then taking out  his cell phone, he dialed their family doctor's number.

"Oh God! how did this happen? Jaan, Wake up! wake up, sweetheart." Sidharth said beside her, caressing her cheeks, he rubbed her palms, hoping she would get up but she laid there lifelessly causing a shiver to ran down his spine in fear, fear of losing her.

Sidharth was impatiently waiting outside her bedroom as doctor was checking her inside. After some time, Riddhima come out of the room. Sidharth rushed to her.

"Riddhima, what had happened to her? And hows she now?" Sidharth asked her in panicked tone

" you should have showed this concern before then nothing like this would have happened. She hasn't eaten anything from last night and do you have any idea how dangerous it is in this condition." Riddhima snapped at him, being shehnaaz's friend & doctor, she was worried for her, and angry over the carelessness toward her health.

"This condition? What are you talking about, Riddhima? What had happened to my wife?" Sidharth asked her, little confused & worried.

"What? Don't you know that your wife is 3 months pregnant?" Riddhima look at him in astonishment. And his shocked state confirmed her words.

"Sidharth, take care of her. She needs you." Riddhima said to him before she left from there, leaving him behind who was still shocked.

"She is pregnant, but why didn't she told me anything?" Sidharth questioned himself, a sudden pain pierced through his heart realizing his wife had hide such big & happiest news from him, for so long.

Walking inside the room, he sat beside her on the bed. He look at her, she was pregnant, pregnant with his child, it gave some unknown happiness to him which couldn't be describe in words. His hands were shivering slightly as he lifted his hand and placed it on her belly, where their child is growing. A lone tear escaped his eye, in happiness.