Part 6

In evening Gungun entered the room with pleasant smile plastered on her face. Shehnaaz laying on her bed, lost in her thoughts but sensing her mother's presence, she looked up and gave a weak smile to her mother who came and sat beside her, gently stroking her hair.

"What happened to my baby girl? Why so silent today?" Gungun asked her in gentle yet concerned tone. Shehnaaz moved and placed her head on her mother's lap.

"Nothing, Maa! Just feeling little tired." Shehnaaz told her. Gungun smiled at her and continued massaging her head, Shehnaaz lets out a sigh and closed her eyes, feeling relaxed in her mother's embrace.

"We are going to see sharon & her new born. Sidharth called us just now, She has delivered a baby girl." Gungun told her, Shehnaaz was surprised but quickly covered it and smiled at her mother.

"So it was the reason he left me alone in hospital." Shehnaaz thought to herself, her pain lessen a bit but it didn't fade away. It hurt her that he didn't even found her worthy enough to inform her and left. Even now it didn't made any difference, but now he had started ignoring his child too which hurt her more and made her scare for her child's future. Shehnaaz will never want her child to grow up in such environment where its father can leave them for someone at any point or in any situation.

"Maa, I am not feeling well. You & dad go to meet her. I ll go later." Shehnaaz said to her mother who looked worried when she mentioned about her not feeling well.
"Shehnaaz, should i call your doctor? Are you in pain? bacche, tell me na-" Gungun asked her, concerned for her child's health.

"Maa, no need to call anyone. Nothing serious, Its because of my mood swings and tiredness." Shehnaaz assured her mother while feeling guilty for lying to her mother but she didn't wanted to meet him or Himanshi. She was too hurt to meet him or even Himanshi. She just wanted to stay alone.

Sadness crept in his heart when he saw she hadn't come but he couldn't blame her either. It was entirely his fault, he had again deceived her by leaving her alone in the hospital in the middle of her check up. He did a mental note to talk to riddhima about her health once he get free from here.

Gungun met Himanshi & her new born then after talking to Sidharth for a while they left for their home, leaving him behind lost in his thoughts. He wanted to see her, make sure she is alright. He glance at Himanshi who was busy in talking to her new born with Asim standing beside her, admiring them.

"Himanshi, I'll be here in morning, I need to go somewhere, It's important." Sidharth said to her, Himanshi avert her gaze away from her child and look at him

"What? You are not going anywhere. What can be more important than me? I need you here, bhai, please don't go-" Himanshi pleaded through her eyes.

"Himanshi, let him, he must have something important work." Asim interrupted her.

"But how will we manage everything alone, bhai should stay to help me." Himanshi replied back stubbornly. Asim was about to retort back when Sidharth spoke.

"Okay! I'm not going anywhere, no need for you people to fight-" he snapped at them, frustration was building up inside him as he couldn't go to meet his pregnant wife even after knowing she is hurt.

When Himanshi was fast asleep, Sidharth left from the hospital. He couldn't stay there anymore, the air was suffocating for him. He wanted nothing but see his wife.

It was 11 at night when he reached her home. Their mad, Gauhar opened the door.

"Where is mom-dad? And shehnaaz?" Sidharth asked her as he entered inside the house.

"Sir & ma'am has gone to sleep and ma'am is in her room. Do you want me to inform them about your arrival, sir?" Gautam asked him politely.

"No. Don't disturb them." Sidharth told her then he walked upstairs, he entered her dark room. He walked toward her bed and sat beside her, the sound of her sobs broke his heart. And he couldn't even describe the self hatred he felt at that moment.

"Shehnaaz" He called out for her softly, he turned on the lights and look at her. She look at him with tearful eyes. Shehnaaz sat on the bed facing him.

"Sidharth can i ask you a question?" Shehnaaz asked him, her voice heavy with the pain she was in. Sidharth gave a slight nod in response.

"Will you love my child like you love himanshi's? Will you give him undivided attention or ignore him just like you do to me?" Shehnaaz asked him in no-nonsense tone. She wanted answers, she wanted assurance of her child's better future.

"Shehnaaz, do you even know what you are talking?" Sidharth was shocked, hurt by her questions. He was hurt, how can she question his love for their child.

"Yes, I know what i am asking, because in one year of marriage, I come to know that there is no place for anyone than your sister in your life, not even me so i really doubt that there will be any place for my child when you seems too busy with your sister & her child-"

"You ignore me for sharon, and when her child is here, i doubt my child will get its deserved place in your life. And i don't want this life for my child." Shehnaaz continued, she wasn't mahaan who will keep quiet, bear everything, then cry. If not for herself but shehnaaz does know how to fight for her child's happiness. Sidharth grabbed her shoulders and made her look at him, the anger & pain was visible in her eyes.

"I love you & my child." Sidharth spat on her face.

"Really? Then why can't i see it? One moment you made me feel loved but next moment, you leave me alone, like i mean nothing to you." Shehnaaz whispered painfully. Sid's features soften seeing the broken doll in front of him. He knew every word she spoke is true.

"Its time to decide, Sidharth, What are your priorities? And come to me only if you truly want us in your life because I'll not let my child go through what I'am going through." Shehnaaz said to him, she removed his hands and lay down on her side of bed, she pulled the blanket over her and slept while he stayed awake whole night, thinking deeply over the words spoken by her.