Part 8

In evening, Sidharth went to meet Himanshi in hospital. When he entered the hospital room, he met a grumpy sister & happy brother-in-law. Asim moved toward him and pulled him in a brotherly hug. 

"Congratulations, Sidharth! You are going to be daddy soon-" 

"Thanks, Asim." 

Sidharth broke the hug and moved toward his sister who was busy in playing with her new born. 

"Himanshi, are you still angry at me?" Sidharth asked her, sitting on the stool beside the bed. Himanshi look at him as her eyes glistened with tears.

"I'm not angry, I feel bad when you ignore me-" Himanshi mumbled, making him feel sad. Sidharth placed his hand on hers and made her look at him.

"I'm not ignoring you, Himanshi."

"No! I know you are ignoring me, are you fed up of me?"

"No, Himanshi, nothing is like that. I love you alot, bachhe, i can never get fed of you. And why do you think i am ignoring you?" Sidharth whispered in soft tone, the sadness in his sister's eyes broke him, made him feel more helpless. If he gives his time to Shehnaaz then his sister felt he is ignoring her, and if he go back to his old routine of doing everything his sister want, it will be wrong to the girl who had left everything behind for him, and also to the child growing inside her womb.

"I don't know. Before you never used to deny me, but now days, whenever i say or demand something, you denied me straight away." Himanshi's voice broke his reverie. Sidharth sighed and look at her, he knew he had denied her few times but was he wrong when he thought about his own first for the first time in life? Himanshi's tears were forcing him to think that.

"Himanshi, I'm not ignoring you, I'm just busy in fixing things in my personal life." 

"But i don't like it when you deny me." Himanshi sighed frustratingly. 

"Himanshi, do you want any one to call your brother a bad daddy?" Sidharth asked her, Himanshi nodded in no.

"Then please understand, a child needs better future and for happy environment around him or her and thats what i am doing for my child. I can't stay with you 24*7, and i know you also know that. You are also a mother now, I know you will understand me, am i right?" Sidharth asked her, talking to her like a parent talk to his child.

"Did Shehnaaz said something to you about this?" She questioned him, coming to a conclusion that behind the sudden change in her brother's behavior is her sister-in-law.

"No Himanshi, you are taking it in wrong way, And it's not about her here, I'm talking about my child that is growing inside her, he needs my time, till now i have given you my undivided attention but i now, i need to take out little time for baby, he needs me. And it's not like i'm cutting you off from my life, I'll still be there with you, spend time with you-" Sidharth said to her with tenderness in his voice. Himanshi was deeply thinking over his words.

"Oh-kay. But don't ignore me completely." Himanshi trailed off, Sidharth took a sigh of relief, at-least she understood.

"I won't, Himanshi." With that, he hugged his sister then he sat there, talking to her & playing with the baby. Himanshi was happy getting her brother for herself, enjoying his pampering & care.

It was past 9 at night when Sidharth decided to leave for home, knowing shehnaaz must be waiting for him for dinner. 

"Bhai, can't you stay?" Himanshi asked him, looking up at him with hopeful eyes.

"Shehnaaz is alone at home, i need to go, Himanshi" Sidharth answered her. 

"Okay, but you will have to come in morning, I getting discharge from hospital." Himanshi said to him, Sidharth nodded in agreement and then he left from there. Happy with the improvement, Finally, his life was coming back in tracks, both the important ladies in his life are happy

After dinner they went in their room.
"Sidharth, hows Himanshi & her baby?" Shehnaaz asked him, sitting on the bed comfortably while Sidharth walked toward the closet to take out her medicines.

"They are good." He answered her with smile, he moved toward the bed and gave her medicines & a glass of water.

"Sidharth, i don't like the taste of medicines, can i skip?"

"Sweetheart, no body like the taste of medicines, but you can't skip them. Its important for you take them on time." Sidharth said to her, Shehnaaz made a face but took her medicines when she found him staring down at him with seriousness visible in his eyes.

"Thank you so much, babaajii, for making everything normal between us. Hope it remains this way only-" Shehnaaz thanked her god, she was happy and it was reflecting in her eyes. After so many days, she was smiling whole heartedly but she had fears too, what if again he change? but for now, she wasn't letting her fears comes in way of their happiness.