Chapter Thirty-Two | The Hardest Goodbyes are the Unexpected Ones

WARNING!! Last chapter!

Chase

The smile fell from my lips as I noticed the worried Charlie heading towards where I was in the bakery section.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked her.

She looked up at me, lost. "Hmm, nothing."

"Must be something if you look so worried."

She sighed, "Have you ever thought about our future, about your future?"

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "What do you mean? Where is this coming from?"

"Do I act like your carer? Do you think of me as a carer instead of your girlfriend?"

I grabbed her hands to stop her from talking and to look at me. "Charlie, what's gotten you so worried?"

"Can you even have kids?"

I sighed. "Charlie, I like you a lot. You're my girlfriend and nothing more. You know me well enough to know I'm very independent and I probably won't ever need a carer. I do think about my future and I know that you're in it. Please stop worrying and whatever made you this worried, please tell me."

She leaned forward. I felt her breath on my neck as she whispered, "Stacy."

I sighed. "We need to go pay."

____

"Just out of curiosity, can you have kids?" Charlie asked as we walked to the bus stop, outside of Westfields.

A small smile formed on my lips. "I think so. I talked about it once with Miss Lancy and a doctor and I was told I had a slight possibility. Weaker than the average fertility rate but still."

"Little Chase's and Charlie's running around. That'd be cute."

I smiled to myself. "Yeah, that would be cute."

____

"Everybody get up!" I heard a voice yell from somewhere in the house.

"Get up sleepy," a tired voice mumbled into my ear.

A smile pulled at my lips. "Since when do we sleep together?"

"Since the day you showed me how comfortable this bed is."

I opened my eyes to see a smiling Charlie. She looked so gorgeous, her hair was everywhere, her eyes still looked tired, slight dark circles underneath them and a lazy smile dancing on her lips. A few small pimples were scattered across her cheeks, barely noticeable unless you looked really close.

I kissed her quickly before removing the blanket off of us, exposing our barely clothed bodies. I sat up slowly, rubbing my eyes.

Charlie sat up too, rubbing my back and tracing the scars. She loved to do that lately, touch the ugly scars, tracing them as she admired them. I was never ashamed of them, even if they were ugly.

"How's Holly doing?" I randomly asked.

"She's doing better. I called yesterday. That family sure can fight."

"Is my back more interesting than me?" I joked, a small laugh escaping my lips.

"It's just... I can't believe it. The artist has a permanent artwork on him, even though he can barely see it."

Miss Lancy burst through the door at that moment. "Oh goodness. No sex in my house please! There's children upstairs and people will be here in a few hours so get yourselves cleaned up and dressed then make yourselves useful. And Charlie, when was the last time you slept upstairs?"