S3C1: The Corner

Season 3 Chapter 1

-The Corner-

Y/n POV

    The Corner Cafe. That was my destination for the relaxing walk I was on. I had plans to meet with Namkyu and Yeonghwan there for lunch. It's our usual place to meet up, even if we planned to do something else for the day. I took the opportunity to get a nice walk in. Especially considering I was already out and the weather was amazing. The air wasn't too hot or cold, the breeze felt refreshing and the fine dust was practically nonexistent. The sky was blue with barely any clouds to be seen, just enough to make it a sight worth painting. If I could paint, that is. My laptop bag was slung over my shoulder. I felt overall relaxed. It was just a plain old great day.

    The music in my headphones cut out, which was a sign that I had gotten a text. I knew it could only be one of two people at the moment. It was either Chunhei or Jennie. It turned out to be a response from Chunhei. It's been hard since she was taken from me by our aunt. Keeping in contact with each other helped both of us cope with the separation. The difference in time between Canada and Korea made it difficult, but we managed. So far, she seems to be hating her new home. I don't blame her.

    Our aunt wasn't exactly what you could call a good person. Honestly, the only reason I could see for her wanting to have her around was to show her off like some trophy. Having a child around, one that you adopted, especially, makes you look like a good person. Given her wealth, she could just throw money at Chunhei to "solve" her problems. Our aunt was always out for herself. No one else matters to her. She never came around or even acted like our parents existed when they were alive. Never attempted to even help us out when we needed it. In fact, the only way I knew that I had an aunt in Canada was from my parents mentioning her. Then when The news that they passed away, she started trying to get a hold of us and that was when her attempts to take Chunhei from me started. If it weren't for what Chunhei being around could do for her image, I don't think she'd even remember she had a niece and nephew.

    The way that Chunhei was talking seemed to confirm what we were told about our aunt. She's just selfish and stuck up. Apparently, she doesn't really even pay any attention to Chunhei at all. She said she felt like she was living on her own. She was given a credit card and someone who will drive her around. Barely saw our aunt at all unless she was being shown off to someone. It seems like a nice, easy life if you don't consider that me and Chunhei are close and all we really needed was each other. I did raise her for the better part of her life, after all.

    I responded back to her message, telling her to get some sleep, and she could message me when she woke up. It's sad. Our aunt fights so hard to take her, but when she succeeds, I still have to parent her. I don't mind it, I love my sister more than anything and I would do anything for her.

    I was happy that the message was from Chunhei, but that just means it wasn't from Jennie. Someone I hadn't talked to in almost two weeks.

    I know she's busy and all with her schedule, but I miss her like crazy. You would think that three months after the album's release they would get a break, but things just kept moving for them. Not complaining, that's amazing. I'm really happy for them. The fact that I was able to help with that success just made it that much better for me. I mean, they really blew up and Duu-du Duu-du was becoming a bit of a phenomenon. People were filming themselves doing the choreography for it, especially the chorus of the song.

    After the release of the mini-album, they did the typical month-long schedule and then took a break. The break lasted about a month and then they announced a special web series where they would move into a special made dorm and film their lives there for a few months. Occasionally going on a small vacation. She seemed off a couple of weeks ago on our last date, and I haven't heard from her in any way since.