S2C5: The Brownie Cake

Season 2 Chapter 5

-The Brownie Cake-

Narrator POV

"And whose instrumentals are these?" The CEO's voice rang oppressively over the room as the instrumentals from the USB drive played.

The four Blackpink girls sat before Hwang, too nervous to say anything. Their eyes darted back and forth between one another. Their eyes landed on Jennie but her expression fell into one of worry. Jisoo took a deep breath and spoke up.

"It's from a friend of Jennie's, someone she ran into at the convenience store. She told us that he dropped it on the way out and she couldn't catch up to him. She got curious and looked at the files that were on it so she looked," The way she weaved a truth in with a lie was impressive.

"Is that true?" Hwang looked coldly over in Jennie's direction.

"Um, yes, ma'am," Jennie said sheepishly.

Hwang turned back around in her swivel chair and listened intently. Her head rested on her hand, her ear pointed toward the speakers as the music played. Her head didn't bob. Her foot didn't tap. There was no indication that she was loving or hating it. The room became more tense as worry began to course through their veins. Hwang turned back around and picked up her phone and made a short and quick call before doing a few things on her computer and then handing the USB back to us.

"You're dismissed." She said flatly.

"But, Ma'am, what did you think of-"

"Did I stutter?" She snapped. "You have a schedule to keep. Make sure that drive gets back to who it belongs to. Now, get out of my office."

The four girls jumped up from their seats and gathered their things, then hurried out of the room. The annoyance and frustration on their faces from the meeting lingered as they left. They quickly approached the elevator and selected the first floor.

"God, she's such a bitch." Jennie huffed.

"Seriously... She could see how excited we were." Chaeyoung spoke softly with her head hung and a deep sigh.

Lisa and Jisoo did their best to comfort the two upset girls. The rest of the ride wasn't very long as the doors opened for them to depart. The manager that brought them to the YG building was waiting for them in the waiting room. When they stepped off the elevator, he was talking with the receptionist that managed the desk in the lobby.

Jennie POV

We could see our manager laughing as he talked with Miss Park as he usually did. It was cute. We always knew that he had a big crush on her and it was adorable to watch him talk with her. It was like he was a child again. We weren't sure, but we had suspicions that she liked him too.

Seeing this helped lighten our mood a little and we began giggling among ourselves.

"Oh my god, they should just go out on a date already." Chaeyoung giggled behind her hand. "It's too cute, I'm gonna burst!"

"I know, right?" Lisa added, mimicking her actions.

We quickly approached our manager as he took notice and stood up straight.

"Hi, Miss Park," we said in unison.

"Hi, girls," She responded with a sweet smile.

"Hi, Manager-nim," We again said in unison.

"Hey, girls. Are you all ready to go?" He asked.

Yeah, we're ready to go." Jisoo answered. "We have to stop at Y/n's sometime today to give the USB back to him."