S3C10: The First Night

Season 3 Chapter 10

-The First Night-

Narrator POV

    "Hey, is everything okay?" Y/n asked, Haeun's worry becoming obvious to him.

    "No... I missed the last train for the night and I can't call my mom to get me cause she has to work in the morning."

    "You can stay here for the night if that helps. My couch turns into a bed."

    "I couldn't possibly put that much bother on you."

    "It's no problem at all. I can't just let you walk alone at night."

    Haeun let out a sigh and thought for a moment. She knew that it made sense, and even if she did leave, there was no real way for her to get home.

    "I guess it's my only option. Thanks."

    "You don't have to thank me. Like I said, I can't just let you walk home alone. I mean, that's one hell of a walk."

    "Yeah, yeah. I just didn't want to be a burden on you."

    Y/n just smiled and shook his head as he put the dishes away he was drying. Thankfully there weren't many. Haeun felt bad as it is, he cooked for her, and she hadn't helped him clean up.

    The dishes were finished, and he turned to face Haeun, drying his hands on the dishtowel he used to dry the dishes with. The quiet in the room was deafening before Y/n heaved a sigh and spoke up.

    "Haeun, can I ask you something personal?" Y/n's question shifted the mood in the air a great deal.

    "Um, yeah. I don't see why not. I did dig pretty deep into your life on your first day. It's only fair."

    "How much are you and your family struggling?"

    Even though she expected a hard-hitting question, she wasn't ready for this particular one. Her eyes fell to staring at her feet.

    "Be honest." Y/n prodded.

    "Okay..." Haeun's voice became shaky. "We're struggling a lot. We can barely make bills and eat. Obviously, I'm not making anything from the company at the moment. I'm a trainee again. My dad's not doing well, either."

    Haeun became shaky all over. Her lip trembled as she toyed with her thumb.

    Y/n walked away and to the counter where he left his things when they returned, and dug through his bag. The bag found itself back on the counter as Y/n returned to his spot in front of Haeun. He placed an envelope on the table in front of her.

    "There is ten million won in there. Take it. When you get low, let me know."

    "Oppa, I can't take this from you. That is way too much money. I could never pay this back."

    "When did I say anything about paying it back?"

    Haeun couldn't speak. Tears welled up in her eyes. She ran around the corner of the table and tackled Y/n, her arms wrapped around his neck and her face buried into his chest. The tears broke the dam of her eyes and she began to sob. Y/n wrapped his arms around her and comforted her, gently rocking her to help calm her down. Minutes passed before she could. Her eyes now puffy and red, like her cheeks.

    "Oppa..."

    "Hm?"

    "I'm sorry."

    "For what?"

    "I haven't been fully honest with you."

    "What do you mean?"

    "About how I feel about you. I've been hiding a lot..."

    "Haeun," Y/n chuckled. "I know you appreciate me. We have been working together for months, and you girls let me know all the time that you appreciate me."

    "No, not like that. I think.... can I maybe try something? I need to be sure."

    "Sure."

    Haeun pulled her head from his chest and looked through his eyes and into his soul. The moment seemed to last forever for both of them. Her breath hitched as she leaned in closer to his face, and before she could change her mind, she pushed her lips to his. The moment lingered before Y/n snaked his hands to her hips and then her back, pulling her closer to deepen the moment they were already having. Haeun didn't fight it.

    When their lips parted, their foreheads met and Haeun's arms slid from his shoulders, allowing her hands to travel from the back of his neck to his chest.

    "I'm scared." She whispered as her face found its way back into his chest to hide.

    "Of what..."

    "To admit this to you."

    Much of the confusion Y/n had felt slowly faded the longer Haeun rested in his arms. The months that went by where he and Haeun had spent time together, both with the rest and alone. Ever since they met at the café where she had let him vent and listened tentatively to his problems. She was the only one that knew this much about him, aside from his sister.

    "Haeun... You shouldn't be scared to say anything to me. We've known each other for almost five months at this point. We've been through a few things, and you've vented to me before."

    His words brought her courage back to the surface. This was the same loving person that she had become close with and trusted.

    "Oppa... I love you..."

To be continued...