S1C3: Ice Cream and movie Parties

Forbidden: Two Worlds

Season 1 - Chapter 3

-Ice Cream and Movie Parties-

Jennie POV

We rang the doorbell and quickly went back to the car and got in. I watched out the window as Jisoo rested her chin on my shoulder so she could also watch. Moments later, the door opened and his sister poked her head out and looked around. She even muttered a "hello" to no one in a confused sort of way, but the basket eventually caught her eye and she slowly picked it up. Honestly, I'm surprised she didn't see it sooner due to the sheer size of it. She struggled a little to take it in but managed to get it.

"Looks like she got it," Jisoo said excitedly. "I hope they like what we got them."

"Me too." I sighed. "At least next time we won't need quite that big of a basket."

We continued to watch while they pulled things out of the basket. You could see the disbelief on Y/n's face as he read the letter I included. After he realized that everything would be okay you could practically watch the weight leave his shoulders.

"When did you want to do it again?" She asked me as she reclined into her seat and the car started driving away.

"Maybe next week. That way they have something to eat." I answered, resting my head on the glass of the car's window.

"Are you okay, Jennie?" Her tone turned to worry.

"Yeah, I'm just worried about them. He seems to go to the store to get cheap food every day. Going off the way he talked on the phone with his sister, I mean." I say as I peel myself from the window and look over to her. "It makes me feel guilty. I've never had to worry about anything growing up, and even less so now. Seeing someone going through all that and not even knowing when their next meal is coming, or if it's coming at all. I just wish there was more I could do for him and others in that situation."

"Jennie, we're all donating to charity to help the less fortunate, and you just bought them enough food to last them a week at the least and plan on doing it again next week. You're doing all you can." She reasoned. "What hit you so hard about this? I've never seen you stand so much behind something."

"I don't know, I guess it's the way he put me, someone he doesn't know, before himself. It just seems like the people who have the least give the most. It feels wrong, like those who have the most should give the most to help those who don't have much. No one should have to worry about when their next meal will come." Tears began forming in my eyes as I spoke.

I felt Jisoo's arms cradle me and pull me close.

"He really did touch your heart, didn't he?" She whispered as she comforted me. "He's gonna be okay. We'll make sure we take care of him and his sister when they need it. If we're going to be gone for more than a couple weeks, we will make sure to leave them enough to last them."

"Thanks, Unnie." I whimpered.

Before we knew it, we were pulling up to our dorm. We thanked our lead manager and walked into the dorm. We put the meat on the kitchen counter and got ready to prepare it. Lisa and Rosie were already home and watching Disney movies on the main television in the living room area.

"Hey, how'd the shopping go? Did you deliver it?" Rosie asked.

"Yeah, we did," Jisoo spoke with a bright smile.

"What's wrong, Jennie?" Lisa asked, turning the TV off.

"I'm okay," I said wiping the tears that were left out of my eyes.