S2C1: Breakfast

Season 2 Chapter 1

-Breakfast-

Jennie POV

     "Hey, Chunhei?"

     "Yes, Jennie unnie?" She hopped up from the table.

     "Breakfast is almost ready, can you go wake up your brother?" I asked.

     "Mhm!" She hummed happily before making her way toward his room.

     It's been a little over a month since the last basket and I've gotten comfortable spending time with them. In fact, I've spent most of my free time with them, including staying overnight sometimes. Their couch was a sofa bed, so it wasn't a big problem. Y/n's been taking up extra shifts and hours even though I told him I would help him more if he needed it, but he would rather work hard than get handouts. Because of his extra hours the night before, he was still asleep in his room. One of the reasons I'm here a lot is so Chunhei isn't alone when she wakes up because he's working so much. I still help them out and shop for them and help. They've become, one way or another, my third family.

     So far, this morning I've helped her with her homework, cleaned the house, and cooked breakfast, sprinkling in girl talk along the way, of course.

     I don't know why, but this sort of home life I've started taking part of here with them is really starting to grow on me. I kind of feel like I've become part of the family. Like they've become a permanent and important part of me. It makes me wonder if the idol life is really for me, or if I would be happier retiring and maybe... just maybe... settling with Y/n. I could feel my face grow warm, accompanied with the smile that crawled over my lips. What am I saying? Would he even want to be with someone like me? Would it be worth risking the friendship we've created?

     I plated the food I was making for us. Pancakes, bacon, sausage, and eggs with toast. I placed the plates on the table along with silverware and orange juice. Coffee for me. Chunhei came skipping into the kitchen again, now with her phone charger and the dock for her new headphones.

     "He's coming. He's just brushing his teeth," She sang happily.

     "Oh, good, because I got the extra orangey orange juice." I giggled, earning an equally evil giggle from her, too. "His face is gonna be priceless."

     "I'll get my camera ready!" She giggled.

     "So how are you liking the comeback?" I asked as I sat across from her.

     "I love it!" She said excitedly. "I mean... I know it's been hard on you and you're not really that happy about it... but..."

     "It's okay. I'm glad that you like it." I said with a smile. "Just remember."

     "I know, I know." She said with a giggle. "It's not out yet, so I can't show anyone! I promise I won't."

     "Atta girl." I smiled at her.

     Y/n came walking sleepily into the kitchen. I let out a small smile as he sat next to me.

     "Good morning, Sleepy," I spoke through my smile.

     "Morning, Jen." He returned sleepily. "You made all this for breakfast?"

     "Mhm, she sure did! I helped, though." Chunhei cheered, making me giggle.

     "You really didn't have to do all this." He said as he started digging into his food.

     "It's no big deal, really. I like visiting and helping out." I assured him.