S2C9: Empty

Season 2 Chapter 9

-Empty-

Narrator POV

Y/n took the steps to make his contract work official with YG Entertainment. The first pay was actually enough for him to quit his job and safely apply elsewhere for more production work. This freed him up to remake and fix problems with the original instrumentals that they wanted to edit. His nights were late and his sleep was less than usual. During these weeks, the Blackpink girls had gotten close to him and come to really love him. He became a big brother figure of sorts. Between that and Chunhei, he was able to stay sane during the work.

The Blackpink girls spent their time with him hammering out the different songs and fine-tuning them so they fit them as closely as possible. After finishing with Y/n, they spent time with the person writing the lyrics for the songs. The lyricist was someone who's worked with YG Entertainment many times before.

With any luck, this comeback would be something special that broke the stale formula that Hwang thought was perfectly fine for whatever reason. Unfortunately, everything has to go through her. It's sad that they had to pretend like they loved every second of the previous couple comebacks. I just want to make them happier with their music this time around. This is a thought that was constantly on Y/n.

"It didn't take you long to be the talk of the town." Park Namkyu, a producer that Y/n had met from JYP Entertainment on a forum, said as he scrolled through his phone.

"I mean, the amount of hype after that short instrumental teaser is huge." Tan Yeonghwan, the other producer he met from GH Entertainment, confirmed. "Hell, he clicked right in with us on the forums. We learned more from his way of looking at music than we have working with our companies. The things he's done with the samples and things we gave him? He's got a unique way of looking at it."

"I still want his brass pack." Namkyu teased.

"Sorry, man. That's my secret weapon. Can't just give it away." Y/n laughed.

The familiar clank of glasses and plates of the KBQ filled the air. The three sat at their usual table, drinks in hand and empty plates. The waitress dropped the check off at the table and the three looked down at it. Y/n began to reach for it when he was startled by the two he was there with.

"No!" They said together.

"We will split it." Namkyu said with a chuckle. "You just relax and enjoy the success."

Y/n was always hoping that he would be able to make the lives of the girls a little less stressful. In a way he had found his own happiness in being a producer, so he wanted to help them be happier with their work and career. Even if it's just a little bit.

Yeonghwan stretched with an exhausted yawn before slouching into his chair. Both Y/n and Namkyu took a sip of their drink.

"I'm so tired." Yeonghwan whined.

"Tell me about it." Y/n's head lazily rested in his hand.

"Oh, right. You're working on Blackpink's album." Yeonghwan recalled.

"Yeah..."

"That has to be a pain. The big three are already a pain to work for, but it's obvious Hwang doesn't care much about what music they release for them." Namkyu's voice was tinted with an annoyance that was easily understood as coming from a place of experience.

"So you finished all the beats for them?" Yeongwhan asked.

"Yeah. I had to pull a couple all-nighters, but hey, I managed to get it done." Y/n exclaimed with excitement. "They should actually be finishing up their recording sometime today actually."