S1C4: The Second Basket

Forbidden: Two Worlds

Season 1 Chapter 4

-The Second Basket-

Jennie POV

     The music pumped through the speakers in our practice room while we prepared for our dome tour. By now, we know our routines to a tee considering we don't have many songs. Something that we're not too happy about but can't help. It's not our decision... Even though, it's nice to be able to refresh ourselves on them so we stay sharp, especially since practice is rare for idols. We're normally busy with everything not music related. It'd be a shame if we did what we signed a contract to do...

     We finished practicing one of our songs and we decided to take a breather and sat down at the small table we had there. Our manager even brought some drinks and snacks for us.

     "Ugh, I'm so tired!" I whined before taking a sip of my water.

     "At least we get to perform again," Rosie responded.

     "Oh, hey, they put out the news about our decision about gifts and our donation," Lisa said excitedly.

     "Read it to us!" Jisoo requested.

     "Okay, here goes!" Lisa continued. "YGE's CEO Hwang announced that Blackpink has donated two million, eight hundred and thirty thousand Won per each member to the Lesser Fortunate Foundation which helps less fortunate families. That's near equivalent to nearly two thousand USD. Upon this news, they have also announced that they will no longer accept gifts from fans. The reason for their decision was because they believed the money used to buy gifts could be put to better use elsewhere." She smiled as she sat back. "They even attached our personalized notes to the bottom of the article."

     "What's the reaction?" I asked curiously.

     "It looks like an overall understanding," Rosie said as she read over Lisa's shoulder. "A few people seem to be calling out some of those fan sites who spend way too much on gifts."

     "Rightfully so," Jisoo said as she peeled her orange.

     "Yeah, it's like they just want to flex on the fans that can't afford to do it themselves," I added. "Like, they must think we're so shallow that we care more about gifts than the fans that actually follow rules and help us."

     "We all do, Jennie." Lisa comforted. "We all wish fans would calm down but that's just how our work is. It's all part of the job."

     "I know, I know," I admitted. "At least we were able to help some families and maybe some fans will follow our step and maybe donate some too."

     "And it's something they can all do, even donating a dollar helps out." Rosie reasoned.

     "Yeah, cheer up, Jennie." Jisoo smiled. "I'm sure lots of people will donate after they see that article."

     "I hope so..." I sighed while I played with my straw.

     "Come on, let's get back to practicing!" Lisa jumped up from her seat. "We gotta be ready for the blinks coming to see us."

     "Right." I allowed a small smile to come across my face as I stood up and walked over with them.

     We continued to practice hard for the rest of the day. It was a little hard to focus because I couldn't get Y/n out of my head. I kept thinking about what I should get for him next time. We ended up decided that we would get him a basket every other week. We thought he might think we're helping too much if we did it every week and we didn't want to make him uncomfortable. We especially didn't want to make him feel useless or like he wasn't working hard enough.