S3C6: Officially Introduced

Season 3 Chapter 6

-Officially Introduced-

Y/n POV

    The three girls bowed at ninety degrees to greet me with bright smiles. Haeun included, even though we had just walked to the building together. They did the rehearsed intro that every idol group has.

    "Even though we introduced ourselves a few days ago, I think we should again. My name is Yuji. I am the leader of the group." The shortest one with bright blonde hair began.

    "My name is Yurim!" The one with red and brown hair with bangs introduced herself.

    "And, I'm Haeun." The last one giggled at the fact we had walked together just moments ago and she was introducing herself once again. "If I keep introducing myself, you're gonna end up seeing me in your dreams."

    I laughed along with the girls at Haeun's joke and bowed to them, just as deep as they had. When I rose, they all seemed shocked.

    "My name is Y/n. I hope I am able to bring the vision of your group to life."

    "You don't have to bow to us, you know," Yuji said.

    "There's no reason I shouldn't." I corrected. "If we're going to be working together, I should be sharing the respect that you have given to me. That's where the relationship will be based. The amount of respect we have for each other. So, if I can't show you respect, how can I expect us to work well together. I'm not above you, we're equals."

    This was the moment that I realize that I had become my father. This was something that he had constantly preached to me since I started showing interest in working in the industry. He was a manager and one that idols tended to like due to this very mutual respect. Especially since they didn't get much respect from anyone. Be that the company, higher-ups, seniors, or even fans.

    It's because of this that their shock came as no surprise to me. It would be worse for them. My father worked for SM, so he was usually disrespected by the idols. But these girls are from a small company that gets little respect from anyone. They're hungry to be taken seriously. It's my job to help make that happen.

    More so, I'm really surprised that they even decided to keep the offer on the table after all the rumors about me online since Jennie outed her relationship and I was "mysteriously cut" from their team. Not even small things. I'm being accused of a lot of terrible things. There were too many to even know where to take legal action. None of it was true, obviously, but the things they claimed were awful. Even with all that, after talking with their CEO, he still wanted me on.

-Flashback-

    "Yes, I have seen the things that are being said online. But remember, fans don't know anything about the industry. The moment you're no longer associated, they assume the worst and project their feelings onto the idols." Mr. Park reasoned. "We want you on the team because we know you're a great person. Yeonghwan wouldn't have recommended you to us if you weren't. Don't even get me started on your work. It's amazing. You just do what you do best, and leave the PR to me."

-Present-

    The three girls relaxed and smiled at me. That's when Yuji's face lit up.

    "We have things for you!" Yuji perked up.

    "I already gave him mine. Sorry..."

    "Don't worry about it, Haeun. You said he looked down, and we never agreed to all give them to him at the same time."

    "Start with mine!" Yurim skipped over to me, holding out a gift bag.

    "Thank you." I chuckled

    I was never a person that knew how to react to receiving a gift. It was always an awkward thing for me. I always felt bad in one way or another.

    I opened the bag and pulled the tissue paper out. Then took out the gift. It was a mug with "World's Best Producer" printed on it. I smiled and said thank you as Yuji pushed her gift in front of me. They were excited. They were like kids on Christmas morning that were more excited to give gifts rather than receive them. Her gift was simple, like the others. A hat with a finger heart and the metal rings through the bill.

    "Thanks, guys, these are so nice. "I slid the hat over my head.

    "We have one more," Yuji said, the three of them smirking.

    "Another?"

    Yuji ran off, picked up a package, and brought it back to sit it in front of me. It wasn't in a bag. This one was beautifully wrapped. The three watched with wide, excited eyes as I began opening it. It was an Akai Midi controller.

    "This will help your work, right?" Yurim asked.

    "We looked everywhere to find something you could use for work," Haeun added. "It's not much or fancy like the big studios or producers have... But we really do hope it helps..."

    "No, no. This is awesome, guys. You girls are so thoughtful." The three looked at each other with relief. I guess they were worried that I wouldn't like the gifts.

    "That's a relief." Yuji sighed.

    "I promise if we are good enough to make it, we will get you something really, really nice. We're just happy to have you on board."

    "Girls, you don't have to get me anything. You're all really sweet and hard-working, I doubt that I will have any problems at all working with you. Let's just focus on getting your names buzzing."

    "I think we would like that." Yuji smiled. The other two followed.

    "Oh! Don't forget to tell him, Yuji." Haeun tapped her arm.

    "Right. You can move your things into your new studio as soon as you're ready." She held out a card to me. "It's just a few streets down. You can scan the QR code to get directions. Mr. Park has already furnished and remodeled it for you. You just need to bring your gear and set it up."

    "You should go and check it out. We picked the place for you!" Yurim added with extra excitement.

    "You guys got me a studio building?"

    "Well, it was Mr. Park's idea. He figured since you signed an exclusive contract, we should give you a nice place to work since we don't have one in the building. We picked one that has plenty of room. So there is plenty of space for us all to do what we need to do."

    "You should get your things and check it out. We have a meeting with Mr. Park, so we can't come with you, but get it set up! We wanna see it all done!" Haeun added.

    "Mr. Park also got you some things to decorate with, too." Yurim continued. "I hope you can get settled in! We'll see you later!"

    The three bowed and left the room.

    This little company is barely staying up, and they have gone above and beyond what anyone would expect to make me feel at home. I'm impressed. This goes against what my dad always told me about the industry. Though, this could be one of those cases he mentioned where the smaller companies have to care more. Hopefully, they stay this good. I want to help these girls make their dreams real. This is the chance I have always wanted.

To be continued...