S1C6: Mr. Park and Grampa's Attic

Season 1 Chapter 6

-Mr. Park and Grampa's Attic-

Jennie POV

"Hey, Are you doing okay?" Rosie asked softly from my door.

"Yeah, I'm okay." I sighed, curled up into a ball with my face from my nose down tucked into my knees. "I just hate that my mom refuses to see anything past her own nose..."

"I know, Unnie." She spoke as she kept her voice soft and sitting next to me. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"No, I think I'll be okay." I say quietly. "It was just the other day and I knew it was going to happen, so I'll be okay."

"Okay, well if you want to talk you know you can come to any of us. We all love you, Unnie." She said with a smile as she gave me a small hug.

"Don't we have to practice today?" I asked her while I rested my head on her shoulder.

"Mr. Lee said we can take today off if you need it. He heard about what happened with your mom and wanted to give you time to feel better. We all know that you hate arguing with her." She comforted me by rubbing my arm. "So if you don't feel like practicing, it's no big deal."

"Hwang allowed that?" I asked feeling confused.

"He had to argue for about an hour from what he said, but yeah." She giggled out.

"That's shocking," I said with an eye roll. "She's had us almost non stop with things that aren't even music-related. I think I want to practice though. If you guys are up for it, that is. I think it will help me deal with the whole situation... Besides that, we barely get to practice as is."

"Sure thing, I'll gather the other two up and we can be on our way to the practice room." Rosie smiled as she skipped off.

I'm so glad to have these three as friends. They're always looking out for me... we're always looking out for each other. I'm so lucky to have such amazing friends, especially since pretending mine and my mom's relationship is perfect for fans... They make it all worth it. The crap from the company and industry, the stress, the outrageous demands from toxic and obsessed fans, just all of it.

I smiled to myself and got up from the bed to get ready for the day.

Y/n POV

While walking home I caught the view of a small trinket shop called "Grandpa's Attic" that always had little knick-knacks and such. From older things to newer things. I even got Chunhei a Blackpink key chain there once. It's our usual shopping place for gifts because our parents knew the old man. Chunhei sometimes helps him out with things around the shop. Seeing that made me realize that Christmas would be coming soon. Like, it's right around the corner. Maybe I should go look around and see what they have.

I walk into the door and was greeted by the kind older gentleman that ran the store.

"If you need any help finding anything, please do find me." He spoke with a warm and calming smile.

I nod and went on my way looking through the isles. I came across a few small things that I thought she would like, a glass Unicorn and a wall hang with Blackpink's logo on it. Satisfied with what I had chose, I began my short journey to the counter. I had almost made it when I noticed a really nice necklace in a display case. It was expensive, but I couldn't help but feel like I was going to want it to give to someone. I couldn't explain the feeling, but it was like buying it was just a good idea. I figured, if nothing else I could just give it to my sister, so I went ahead and grabbed it. I mean, I'm not super low on money or anything. Even though it's been a couple weeks since the second basket was left for us, I've barely touched the money.