Madness

Medical Facility.

Barbara Gordon: You could say that the tension between us was so palpable you can cut it with a knife. The two of us wanted to say something to the other but neither were too much of a chicken to utter a word, much less a syllable.

With the awkward tension that was still in the air between the two love birds, they were walking down the hallway heading to the exit. The duo were looking straight and not at each other.

Jericho who felt guilty of taking advantage of her brief moment of vulnerability made the first effort of making an apology. "Barb. Listen, I didn't..."

Batgirl cut him off, getting an understanding of where he was going with it. "I know. If anything it's me that should do the apologizing. I didn't think clearly and used you to feel something else." Batgirl sighed. "Look, we can save our awkward talk for later, right now we have a clown to catch."

"You sure?" Jericho inquired. Batgirl nodded as they made it to the exit doors, leaving the medical facility. "That woman is going to be the death of me."

Barbara Gordon: Dr. Phil has no advice on how to deal with this complicated relationship.

-

Arkham West

As they exited the Medical facility, Joker's festive voice came through the speakers on the Island making an public announcement. "Batgirl! I know It's been a long, hard night but I've got good news. The party is about to start! We've got something for everyone! Music! Dancing! Chemicals that creates monster! You don't want to miss it! So, get your ass over to the Cell block or you'll miss your final surprise!"

Jericho stared at the speaker with a look of distain for the clown as the fire works was on display in the night sky clouding the full moon. "I don't like it, Batgirl. It smells like a trap."

"It always is." Batgirl spoke plainly. "Come on." they made a beeline to the penitentiary that was right across the Medical facility. They were halted by a few inmates that played the role of bouncers to the entrance renovated building that led to the Visitor's room serving as Joker's base of operations.

"Hold it. Guest list only! if your name is not on the list, you're not coming in." The bouncer pretender checked on the clipboard to find Batgirl's name under the supposed list of parts. "Let's see! A...no, that's not it. B... Bane... Ah, There it is! Batgirl! Well, looks like you're the guest of honor!"

The bouncer along with his fellow comrades stepped aside, allowing a perplexed Batgirl to step through the double doors to enter the penitentiary while Jericho was about to follow suit but was stopped by the bouncers. "Sorry, man. But you're not on the list."

Jericho didn't like the bouncer placing his hand on his chest. So he slugged him one and decided to make multiple knuckleball sandwiches on the rest of the bouncers.

-

Visitor's room.

Barbara Gordon: The visiting hours were over by this time but the new management had extended it by a few more hours for Joker's party.

The first thing Batgirl noticed when she entered the visitor's room after being greeted by an impromptu welcoming band at the hallway was the Mannequin wearing Joker's traditional purple and green suit at the end of the hallway with a small television stuck into it. She made a pass for it.

"Are you excited, Lady Bats?! I mean we've been building up to this point all night." Joker exclaimed on the other side of the mirror through the TV monitor."Don't tell me you've not been looking forward to it. I know I have."